Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I'm ill, night nurse required ill.....which means today hasn't been very productive at all, I'm slowly working my way through mount washmore, made a lasagne for tea, then hubby announced he's going out with some other techies (so pickle and I will eat a portion and the rest will be put in the freezer in individual portions.)

Still a nsd, I've done two days of the 1p a day challenge, and tilly tidied from this. (I think I'll be going onto one day a day at least at the beginning of March.)

I got my first £2 coin of the year yesterday when the person came to buy the baby toy, so I've put the £3 in pound coins in my purse and took a £5 note out of my purse and put it with the rest of Pickle's pennies. (The £2 coin has been put away safely)

I've not left the house as I'm feeling rubbish, hubby took Pickle to the park.

Tonight I'm going to carry on with my knitting (nearly finished a project) and try not to stare at ynab hoping it magically generates money I can move around.

Oh.. and last night I lost patience and transferred the £9 left in the fuel budget to the mop pot as I've got a full tank of fuel so shouldn't need it...
    Updates below.

MSE February Goals

1) £210 Mop Pot
    Target 1 - Interest added
    £71.56/71.56 :j
    Target 2 - Next brick on the countdown house
    £7.63/£102.11
    Target 3 - MFW 2018 challenge amount
    0/£36.33

2) Emergency Fund Top Up
    £158.82/£150 :j

3) NSD
    11/16

4) Complete Bullet Journal Tasks
    3/16

5) Save the £2 coins
    (Monthly Update) £2

6) get into the size 14 Jeans
    (Monthly Update)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit better today (hooray!!) and hope this leads to increased productivity this week, especially as I have just a short window between the Olympics finishing and the Paralympics starting. All this tv is terrible for my fly ladying and sorting out.

Church this morning and I took Pickle to a messy church session run by another church this afternoon, he had a great time.

It has been a nsd -woo hoo. I didn't think I'd get this many this month given how the start of the month went. It's impossible
    To meet my target now, but I can get close.
    I've done another 2 day's of the 1p a day challenge and tilly tidied some
    To the mop pot. Only 3 days of Feb left and Tuesday is pay day. Salary is already allocated, but expenses haven't been just yet. Then Wednesday is the car service so I'll do the last jiggle of the pennies. All that's left in my bills account is £10 in case the new window cleaner comes this week (there is a buffer in there, but that doesn't count!)
    I do have to post a parcel the beginning of this week, but I have more than enough cash for this.

Hubby is going out again tonight so I get the tv remote to myself and can crawl into bed obscenely early and no one can ftut at me.

Have a good week everyone.

Wish.
    Updates below.

MSE February Goals

1) £210 Mop Pot
    £11.53/£102.11
    0/£36.33

2) Emergency Fund Top Up

3) NSD
    12/16

3/16

5) Save the £2 coins
    (Monthly Update) £2

(Monthly Update)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Checking in with an early morning, contemplative Post today.

Hubby and I had a conversation over the weekend about moving. Our fixed rate expires on 31st July, it was designed that way nearly 2 years ago as we thought we'd want to move at this point. Buy a house with a garden, better storage for Hunby's work stuff, additional bedroom for guests. But, we are rapidly changing our minds. And considering fixing for another 2 years.

1) Pickle will still only be 4 and not quite have started school
    2) we are managing here, hubby's stuff in the dining room frustrates me more than it being a real issue.
    3) my income is low, but regular. 2 more years to build it up.
    4) we'd actually need quite a lot to gain on what we've got here.
    2 reception rooms & kitchen, 2 bedrooms, attic office (which can't be used as a bedroom) and the cellar. If we were to move to a standard 3 bed semi, we wouldn't be massively better off.

So, sometimes you have targets - mine is to knock £400 a month off the capital mortgage amount.

Aspirational aims: £210 a month mop pot.

Then there are truly ridiculous aims: can I clear £34,000 worth of mortgage in 29 months?

For many people, this would not even be a challenge. But, for us it's nigh on impossible. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try.

If my first target were say to clear £4K by the remortgage date of 31st July, then that's £800 a month capital, twice my standard aim.

If I work things out on an 'off set' basis rather than the actually paying off the capital, it may be achievable.... watch this space.

Wish.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    So, I'm an attempt to 'dream, the impossible dream' (could be a good diary
    Title?) today I have:

Accepted 2 day's supply work for Wednesday & Thursday - teaching assistant rather than teacher work, but much better for my anxiety levels and shouldn't be too taxing.

Had a nsd.

Found a £2 coin on the floor of our bedroom - hubby, you lose!

I'm still breaking down my goals into tiny steps, but I'm interested to see how close
    To 0 we can get by July 2020. And it will definitely be zero in terms of 'offset' debt neutral rather than actual mortgage being £0.

Wish.
    Updates below.

MSE February Goals

1) £210 Mop Pot
    £12.43/£102.11
    0/£36.33

2) Emergency Fund Top Up

3) NSD
    13/16

3/16

5) Save the £2 coins
    (Monthly Update) £4

(Monthly Update)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    We've had proper snow... Pickle and hubby were crunching in the snow at 7:15 before going to the Childminder's. We also had our first proper toddler tantrum tonight. Pickle did not want to eat his tea, he wanted to be outside playing. All was ok in the end and he did go to bed and was asleep at normal time. Whether he will sleep tonight I do not know.

Today was payday & expenses day. Everything has been ynabed and the accounts are looking healthy. I am struggling to be patient for this time tomorrow to do the final money shuffle, mop pot transfer and 2018 mortgage challenge update.

Tomorrow is a full day on supply, but as a ta rather than a teacher, it's les money (significantly) but should be easy and I should be home in time for an early Childminder pick up to go sledging if we still have snow.

Wish.
    Updates below.

MSE February Goals

1) £210 Mop Pot
    £88.44/£102.11
    0/£36.33

2) Emergency Fund Top Up
    £238.82/£150 :j This is now sitting at a nice, round £1k, my aim is to get it to £2k by the end of the year at the latest.

3) NSD
    14/16

3/16

5) Save the £2 coins
    (Monthly Update) £4

(Monthly Update)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your ta day Wish, I know its less money but I bet you'll enjoy it. Less pressure xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Daily update now then I'll do the monthly one in another post.

Not a nsd because my car went in for its service but, I thought it needed the timing belt & water pump doing but they were actually done at the last service last year, so £200 not the £550 it was going to be woohoo.
    Part of me is tempted to put the extra £300 into the mortgage or emergency fund. But, I will need new tires and the breaks doing at the mot time in May, so I'm going to be good and leave it there, adding to it as I go along. If I also think of this as my 'car replacement fund' too, then I won't feel like emptying it after any work is done.

I've also paid the annual costc0 fee, there was a little over in the pot so that's been swept into the mop pot.

I did go to the shopping centre with my friend this evening, but I didn't need anything, it was just nice to catch up, out of the house.

Teaching assistant work today was lovely, I just hope we're not snowed off tomorrow as it was good and easy money.

I've emptied all my 'everyday'pots into the mop pot too.

Daily update....
    Wish.

MSE February Goals

1) £210 Mop Pot
    £102.11/£102.11 :j
    £36.33/£36.33 :j
    (Plus a bit more... will reveal all shortly)

2) Emergency Fund Top Up
    £238.82/£150 :j This is now sitting at a nice, round £1k, my aim is to get it to £2k by the end of the year at the latest.

3) NSD
    14/16 didn't make the target, but in terms of % I didn't spend money on 50% of February's day's. Not bad at all.

3/16 - complete fail thanks to the Winter Olympics.

5) Save the £2 coins
    (Monthly Update) £4

(Monthly Update) hmmm, this is not going well, I'm blaming the Olympics again.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Mse February round up.

Everyday spends
    Grocery: £182.13/£250 (dropping to £200 next month)
    Household goods: £54.33/£100
    Spending money: £80.99/£100
    Eating out: £72.34/£100
    Stuff I'll forget: £0.00/£90

Mortgage
    Mop pot: £289.30
    Start of month balance: £34,400
    End of month balance: £33,884.37
    Mfw 2018 challenge (Feb amount) £289.30/£210
    Mfw 2018 challenge (2018 amount)
    £413.66/£420 (not bad, hopefully be able to make the difference up next month if I'm REALLY careful.

Savings
    Emergency fund: +£238.82 =£1000
    Wage storage (ynab month ahead buffer)
    +£800=£1200
    1p a day challenge: £75.50

Total 'mortgage offset variable savings'
    £3251.96

Net worth Calculation
    Mortgage-offset savings = -30631.82
    Number of months left in '29 month challenge': 29
    Per month amount to remain on track: £1059.29
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    mse March Goals

1) Mop Pot
    (Will break down when mortgage interest is known)

2) Emergency fund growth
    0/£150

3) nsds
    0/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    0/31

5) save the £2 coins (update monthly)

6) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    The mortgage company have updated my balance with the latest interest charge. Thanks to it being a short month we are down in the low £60s. About £2.30 a day.
    What I also keep forgetting is more and more of our standard payment is going towards capital each month so my ops are having a REALLY good effect.
    This month, my first mini mop pot target is to achieve another brick on my count down house (need to update my signature later as I coloured in another brick last night).

mse March Goals

1) Mop Pot
    Target 1: next brick on the countdown house
    £15.00/£50.97 (from cash left in my purse)
    Target 2: monthly interest payment
    0/£13.52
    Target 3: mfw March target
    0/£145.51
    Target 4: new 2018 target (to catch up on January's low payment)
    0/£7.34

2) Emergency fund growth
    £70/£150 (monthly contribution and money left in my purse)

3) nsds
    0/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    0/31

5) save the £2 coins (update monthly)

6) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)[/QUOTE]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure