Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1.1K replies 106K views

Replies

• DrSpendLittleDrSpendLittle Forumite
    698 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Frustratingly, the mortgage balance is £23,406.19 and I can't pay off the £6.19 as I've no overpayment allowance left.

:rotfl: I like this! What a nice frustration to have :rotfl:

Looking forward to being in this position too!!
  • redofromstartredofromstart Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urgh. It's 5am. Pickle has been awake for an hour - horrid cough.

Wages have been paid wooohoo

Frustratingly, the mortgage balance is £23,406.19 and I can't pay off the £6.19 as I've no overpayment allowance left.

:eek: That is going to kill me. Perhaps I should leave £100 'floating' for these eventualities?
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a couple of style/colour things this year, via this lady. She runs an excellent Facebook group that has the odd free event but also does some freebies around style and colour on her website.

What it did for me was clarity on how I want to be seen, what works for my shape and where I should be investing. I've bought no bargain tat that is worn once and discarded since, and when I do spend its in the happy knowledge that its ten year purchases. Money well spent imho.
  • wishingthemortgaheawaywishingthemortgaheaway Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek: That is going to kill me. Perhaps I should leave £100 'floating' for these eventualities?

At least this way I have paid off the most I possibly could. If I'd stopped at £23,500 that's £93.somethinf extra I'd be paying interest on for 6-8 weeks. I've only got to make it through until January 1st then I'll be back to 'tidy' amounts.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a couple of style/colour things this year, via this lady. She runs an excellent Facebook group that has the odd free event but also does some freebies around style and colour on her website.

What it did for me was clarity on how I want to be seen, what works for my shape and where I should be investing. I've bought no bargain tat that is worn once and discarded since, and when I do spend its in the happy knowledge that its ten year purchases. Money well spent imho.

Thanks Red, I've just had a look at her website, it looks very similar to what I've done but not part of the same franchise.

I'd got into a terrible rut with clothing and appearance. A combination of anxiety, depression, work related stress, pregnancy (with HG), small child and husband working away a lot meant very little time for me. I'd reverted to a very unflattering 'mum' wardrobe - scratty trainers, jeans (3 pairs exactly the same) one of 6 tops that rotated (god help me if I got behind in the washing) and some hoodies. Hair scraped back in a mum bun and not an ounce of Make up or jewellery.
    It was a pretty hideous existence, but I didn't have the brain space to do anything about it.
    I have had a couple of shopping trips over the past couple of years but I just went plain, boring and safe, nothing exciting.

I'm really pleased I've done the day. As with everything I've taken some things and left others.
    One is to 'look finished' each day. So spend a little bit of timeWith the straighteners on my hair and a 90second make up routine - then a bit more time spent on it when I have it.

I've replaced my bog standard gold stud earrings that went missing years ago so, at the very least, I have one item of jewellery on.

I have spent a fortune on clothes, shoes & make up though.

I've done really well on dresses and managed to get 5 pairs of trousers last night (I might take 2 back as, in the light of day I'm not so sure I'm happy with them. Need a proper look)
    But I'm struggling to get tops that fit my style and colours.
    Hmmm, need to hit some charity shops I think.

Anyways enough ramblings. Have a good day everyone.

Wish.
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    December 1st and the bank have got their act together for once and the interest has been added to the mortgage already - £46.29 or approximately £1.55 a day.

I can't overpay anything this month as I've reached my annual allowance for 2019.
    However, Ivan now calculate my over payment allowance for 2020 - £2318. Technically this only applies until 31st July when the fixed rate ends but, if we jump on another fixed rate from April (earliest we can switch) that allowance will run all year.

My aim is to reach the overpayment allowance by the end of July - £289 a month, including December. I'll hold the overpayment money in a pot in YNAB and transfer it over in the new year.
    Due to first of the month Tilly tidies etc I'm at £45.22 so far, just another £244 to go.... this should Get added to over the next few days at least.

The decorator starts on Wednesday so we should have our house back to something resembling normality by Christmas.

Oooh, due some supply money on Friday - shrapnel to the mop pot and the rest to the house fund.

I need to update my signature with various things, so I'll do that now.

Have a good
    Week everyone.

Wish.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you on the rut, it's why I needed to make an effort too. I still have default clothes but they are a lot more co-ordinated and pulled together with a scarf that reflects the layer colours.

Navy was school uniform for me, hate it. I'd be head to toe black for choice but it makes me look ill.
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Navy just became 'the new black' for me. I had a very black wardrobe when I finished teaching which switched to a navy wardrobe when I went back to work - I bought navy to avoid black.

But, now there is a lot more colour in my life and my coloured tights should arrive in a couple of days.
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the start of the month easy wins are in, some I'm still waiting for (bank account reward I'm looking at/for you)

Still the mop pot (ready for Jan 1st) stands at £84.49/£289, not too bad. If I can get it over £100 by the end of the 'easy wins' I'll be quite happy.

Little spends today (less than £20) trampolining with the toddlers and some lunch (I usually don't bother and Pickle just has his 'included in the price' lunch and I eat at home, but we met fiends today and had 'out' plans in the afternoon.

Hope the start of everyone's week has gone ok.

Wish.
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    December easy wins now all in and the mop pot stands at £106.60.

£182.40 to go.

I'm just too impatient - I want it all gone now!