what should we pay, qoute or invoice?

Options
Hi

We phoned for a quote for heating oil, and agreed a delivery date, when ordering we pesifically asked for an price including the vat and delivery, the price we were given was an inclusive price and a better deal because we are a regular user with this company, The oil was delivered today, whilst we were out, on checking the invoice the price had increased by £18, I phoned the accounts department and they said we must have had a larger quantity, which we had not, the lady then checked the computer screen to see our original order and then said that the original price had been given without the vat included, I pointed out that the lady who gave me the original quote had said that the price agreed was an inclusive price, and the lady today said it was a mistake, and that we had to pay the price on todays invoice.

Should we pay the original price quoted or the price on the invoice?

Thanks inadvance for any replies
caris

Comments

• mattogier
    mattogier Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think this is a difficult one, specifically as you do not seem to have a written quote. Would £18 be the same value as the VAT on your original quote (5%??)?

If it were me - I would write to the MD stating your grievance, the value over time of your custom and maybe even hinting that they look at performing "gesture of good will" or you will be looking for an alternate supplier in future.

Good luck.
    :Dmattogier
    Total Debt Including Mortgage:
    [strike]July 2006 - £179k[/strike] [strike]July 2007 - £159k[/strike] [strike]October 2007 - £154k[/strike] [strike]December 2007 -149k October 2008 - £126,525.40[/strike]
    December 2008 : £120,040.38
    Target: Debt Free before the 2012 Olympics :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family