IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Driver complaints about car park fine policies hit unprecedented levels in Scotland

Options

Comments

• Ryandavis1959
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    so seem to have quickly decided not to reply to my post ,,,,,,,,,silence is ,,,
    Give me chance laddy I'm not a fast writer without my HB :rotfl:
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Give me chance laddy I'm not a fast writer without my HB :rotfl:

well you now know the facts , and will be able to see why people laugh at your comments ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    Getting things back on track, it is a DISGRACE that there is no independent appeales in Scotland. I was hoping that the SNP would have included something about it in their manifesto but there was surprisingly nothing despite what some MSP's have said.

Murdo Fraser might struggle to get his bill passed considering what he was coming out with about NS at the latest Election.

Hopefully this is something we can agree on! It should be a priority for a free appeals service to come into force in Scotland. And you can get away with telling them you wasn't the driver without consequence!. ;)
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh here we go, an agenda to get the IAS in Scotland. No, we do not agree.

What a surprise that a parking firm would want that, and posts in such an ungrammatical way (ex-clamper, perhaps?).

The IAS is doing more than enough damage to consumers in England and Wales, but then, you would know that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ryandavis1959
    Ryandavis1959 Posts: 217 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 12:27AM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh here we go, an agenda to get the IAS in Scotland. No, we do not agree.

What a surprise that a parking firm would want that, and posts in such an ungrammatical way (ex-clamper, perhaps?).

The IAS is doing more than enough damage to consumers in England and Wales, but then, you would know that.
    I really don't get your belligerence but I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you are also attacking another new person in the court claims post!

If you actually read what Murdo is proposing it would be a fully independent appeals service, not run by Parking firms and definitely pro consumer. Unless you have some ulterior motive I don't see this as being anything but a great thing to support. I'll even hold my nose and back Murdo even though he hates the SNP.

Obviously things would be different if Scotland was independent but that ship has sailed for a time.

Edit - fyi if you're not aware Murdo Fraser is a Tory MSP who is the most vocal critic.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Personally I think 'appeals' simply give a false air of legitimacy to parking scumbags.

IMHO the industry should be banned like the clampers were, no legislation should be created to enable or 'legitimise' them like it was in England in 2012.

What would parking scumbags do if they actually had to get a real job? No transferable skills, aggressive, no admin skills, no customer service ethic - useless to Society, the lot of them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 July 2017 at 12:36AM
    Options
    I really don't get your belligerence but I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you are also attacking another new person in the court claims post!

If you actually read what Murdo is proposing it would be a fully independent appeals service, not run by Parking firms and definitely pro consumer. Unless you have some ulterior motive I don't see this as being anything but a great thing to support. I'll even hold my nose and back Murdo even though he hates the SNP.

Obviously things would be different if Scotland was independent but that ship has sailed for a time.

Edit - fyi if you're not aware Murdo Fraser is a Tory MSP who is the most vocal critic.

the english system is not run by Parking firms , however parking "firms" pay to be a member and therefor get access to the DVLA , how could a system in scotland work , would the scotish goverment (your idea of who would run it) grant access to the DVLA , and would they have to charge parking Cos a fee for this?

if so , they would then become the judge and jury , appeal and sentencing , oh hang on , thre IPC do this already , an appeal system , and a full solisitor back up
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For a change, a newspaper that actually says it as it is.

@Ryandavis1959
    Your agenda is clearly designed to be disruptive on this forum

From what you say, Murdo should not only act quickly to get
    proper regulation in place and to have a word in the Sheriffs ear
    to explain the parking scam in great detail

Judges in England and Wales are waking up to this scam so why
    not wake up the Sheriffs

Maybe Murdo can do this but it will probably end up with false
    claims and promises as does Marcus Jones MP of the DCLG

In the meantime for Scotland, you tell us, on what grounds a PPC
    could bring this in front of a sheriff if they do not know who the
    driver is/was .... we are very interested ?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder if the head of complaints against Smart had any bearing on the decision to sack them from my work's car parks - esp as we were railroaded into getting them by the council who required "parking management" as part of a raft of planning conditions.

Sadly we are not PPC-free just yet as they have got an even more toothless bunch of jokers to replace them but I noticed they are FTM being much more selective compared to Smart in the last few months of their predation. :)
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I read the Guardian piece and thought it rather good. As a founder member Of CA I am not easily gulled by agents provocateur.

If you wish to be taken seriously on here Ryan, I suggest that you research that which you have written before you press the send button.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure