Sky mobile scam

Options
2»

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might care to let us know how you get on, it will be useful to future site users.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 July 2017 at 9:42PM
    Options
    He has been to the police station and make a full confession. The police won’t prosecute as they don’t have a reported crime.

That sounds unlikely. If you go to the police and say you stole something then they won't turn you away just because the person you stole it from hasn't reported it yet.

Did you speak to the Police and get confirmation that he confessed? Or are you taking his word for it? If you can get confirmation in writing then send that to Sky.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    In my case, although the Police were diligently investigating because they had apprehended someone in possession of mine and other people's identity info and false account applications... I did get the impression that they were not getting a great deal of cooperation from the Banks involved.

I think they had the guy for other offences, anyway, so perhaps justice was not impaired by this, but I would like to think that all parties were equally keen on justice and prevention.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure