PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Persimmon customer care - no response - advice needed

Options
Hello, two months ago I contacted persimmon regarding an issue with a cabinet door. And the request was put in for a replacement but I heard nothing back for around one month. Then I heard the request is down to the supplier and nothing else
Fast forward one month, nothing so I rang the kitchen supplier and they informed me they have been waiting on persimmon for a while.
So for three weeks I have been ringing and emailing customer care, via their number in the website, and emailing a staff member directly.
I have no received a single email or phone call back, I have contacted who I believe is the manager and again have received nothing back.
What steps can I take? Absolutely terrible that they have not returned a single email, phonecall or voicemail despite contacting three different people

Comments

• aneary
    aneary Posts: 921 Forumite
    Options
    Go to there nearest show room and make a fuss in front of other potential customers.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Look up their complaints procedure and follow that?

Try writing a letter?
  • Fenwick17
    Fenwick17 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have already gone into the show room and mentioned it there, unfortunately all they were able to do was give me contacts for customer care. I will go in again tomorrow
  • Fenwick17
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Look up their complaints procedure and follow that?

Try writing a letter?

Just wrote out another email to a different Persimmon address, so this would be the 4th account I am contacting.
  • aneary
    aneary Posts: 921 Forumite
    Options
    Fenwick17 wrote: »
    I have already gone into the show room and mentioned it there, unfortunately all they were able to do was give me contacts for customer care. I will go in again tomorrow

Did you make a fuss in front of other customers? or did you politely ask?
  • Fenwick17
    Options
    aneary wrote: »
    Did you make a fuss in front of other customers? or did you politely ask?
    Unfortunately there were no customers in there, just the sales staff and I believe her manager.
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    aneary wrote: »
    Go to there nearest show room and make a fuss in front of other potential customers.

This. My wife did this year's ago when we had a new build with an appliance space that started at 600mm and ended up at 560mm!

Only way we started making progress was when she went into showroom and loudly discussed this in front of customers about to reserve a property.
  • Fenwick17
    Options
    GrumpyDil wrote: »
    This. My wife did this year's ago when we had a new build with an appliance space that started at 600mm and ended up at 560mm!

Only way we started making progress was when she went into showroom and loudly discussed this in front of customers about to reserve a property.

I'll be going in tomorrow, so I will keep a look out and time it so there are customers in there.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fenwick17 wrote: »
    I'll be going in tomorrow, so I will keep a look out and time it so there are customers in there.

Go back every day until they rectify it. If you're on twitter, tweet them daily
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Contacting the group CEO can sometimes help - Persimmon's is Jeff Fairburn. Contact details here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure