28 replies 14.7K views

Replies

• edited 30 June 2017 at 6:04PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 June 2017 at 6:04PM
    You *could* send the 2 hour challenge, for fun. Only because it's Highview and they hate it and cancel!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jelliotjelliot Forumite
    30 Posts
    the parking company have no way to find out who was driving, so leave it that way

They found out who I was and I live in Scotland
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they found out that you were the registered keeper. Big difference!
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    mjp89 wrote: »
    Thank you. From reading through all this I can't believe the industry are allowed to operate like this!? Do you think I can expect months/years of continued letters? There was a really good thread on pepipoo (topic 74304) showing the letter chain for Highview with Tesco but sadly it stops at the point the poster receives a threat of court action from Debt Recovery Plus :S

Why do you think that is?
    96.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point, fisherjim!
    sadly it stops at the point the poster receives a threat of court action from Debt Recovery Plus

Errrm...of course it does! Because that's when Highview/DRP give up!
  • mjp89mjp89 Forumite
    28 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Haha good point both! Just a shame the poster didn't return to give the final outcome!

I'm intrigued about the 2 hour challenge... I've searched but can't find it referenced?
    96.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612169

Just remove the stuff about POPLA, as you won't get a POPLA code re Scottish land.

Replace that paragraph, by saying you know that as keeper, you cannot be held liable because this occurred on land in Scotland, so they may as well cancel immediately because you won't be paying and they have no case to harass you.

I would actually do this even though you don't have to, because I am confident Highview will fold (again). And it does no harm, as long as you are careful to only choose 'registered keeper' when appealing online to little old Highview.
  • mjp89mjp89 Forumite
    28 Posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Here you go:

Just remove the stuff about POPLA, as you won't get a POPLA code re Scottish land.

Thanks, Coupon-mad! How's the text below?

I am appealing as the keeper and ONLY Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA), (or evidence of who was driving) can cause a keeper appellant to be deemed to be the liable party. The PCN makes no attempt to pass liability to the keeper after 28 days. A vehicle can be driven by any person (with the consent of the owner) as long as the driver is insured.

There is no dispute that the driver was entitled to drive the car and I can confirm that they were, but I am exercising my right not to name that person. As the keeper of the vehicle, it is my right to choose not to name the driver, yet still not be lawfully held liable if an operator is not using or complying with Schedule 4.

As the registered keeper I cannot be held liable for this PCN as it relates to land in Scotland. I request the prompt cancellation of this PCN as I will not be paying and you have no case to continue with requests for payment.
  • mjp89mjp89 Forumite
    28 Posts
    Anyone have any thoughts on the text? I'd love to get this over to them ASAP!

Many thanks :)
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mjp89 wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on the text? I'd love to get this over to them ASAP!

Many thanks :)
    I [STRIKE]request[/STRIKE] insist the prompt cancellation of this PCN as I will not be paying and you have no case to continue with requests for payment from the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Should you, or your agents continue to do so, I will immediately refer this case to Mr Dunford of the DVLA.

Just a couple of suggested edits. You never 'request' anything from a scammer.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides