Isa rules

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
1 reply 1.3K views
Sweetheart66Sweetheart66 Forumite
2 Posts
Third Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
My son is paying into a "help to buy isa" can he also transfer the money in his old existing isa to another provider without breaking isa rules?


  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes, provided that he doesn't pay any new money into the non-HTB ISA (assuming it's a cash one) in the same tax year (unless the HTB and non-HTB ones are with the same provider and they accept split ISAs). Make sure that he gets the new provider to handle the transfer....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals