Claims4you ltd PPI INSOLVENCY!

Hi new here. I hope Ive posted this in the right place.

Okay, my Husband started a ppt claim through claim4you ltd........I know he shouldn't have but time is tight for us right now. So I decided I would do the same (mine is more complex) and wanted to use the same company requested forms and nothing came. Decided to do a google and found at the a CORPORATE INSOLVENCY notice for them

Does this mean they are going under? if so what about our claims?


  • You may have got lucky, if they have gone out of business and no one has picked it up. You'd then be able to send in your own complaint.

    Speak to them, if they're still around.
  • Im avoiding doing it myself as mine is complicated and I don't have time to do all that is required. I want to use a company. Im wondering if it is unsafe for me to use them now. And in the case of my Husband who is part way he unlikely to lose any monies? Im assuming the refund are sent through to the claims company? on the other hand if any monies owing come directly to us Im assuming we would have the receiver contacting us?
  • It will take longer using a company, as you have to tell them all the information and wait for them to write it down wrong. Then you have to tell them again. And again.

    Remember also, as well as the slower process and added costs, your chances of success are lower if you use a claims company. On the plus side though, they pay for the stamp.

    Any redress will go directly to your husband, not the claims company. He will need to settle with them separately.
  • I would do it all myself but Im in the middle of caring for my father who has altzeimers who is a 3 hour round trip away from me. I also have a school age daughter and 2 businesses to run. I also have had three different surnames.

    All in all the stress is just too much for me right now to do myself so I need a claims company
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Phone the companies invoved or go to their websites and make a complaint. It's that simple.

    If you want to throw your money away to a claims company, just pick one, they're all as bad as each other.

    You won't find anyone who posts regularly on this board advisng anyone to use a company.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I would do it all myself but
    What you don't seem to get, is that you still have to provide the details to the CMC, the same details you would give if you complained directly. It takes longer to use a claims co. and costs you a lot of money. But hey, if that's what you want to do . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools