Tripp luggage 5 year guarantee warning

Options
2»

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hardly think that splitting the second time it was used could be classed as 'normal wear and tear'.

> Perhaps not normal wear and tear but you don't know what happened behind the scene at the airport with the handling of your bag. Bags can get fairly rough handling, caught up in machinery, accidently dropped from a height etc. All of these can weaken the structure of bag or damage of the case exterior can occur. If damaged through poor handling during the airport handling process it is quite possible that even on the bag's second outing that it could fail and split as you describe.

. My complaint is that at the shop, the staff refused to even look at the case, they just told me it was airline damage, even when I told them it was not damaged when it came off the carousel but split later. For such an expensive case, I should not have had so much hassle to get a replacement. If anyone else gets the brush off from the shop, do what I did and contact the manufacturer direct as they finally did honour the guarantee.

> Perhaps the shop staff were having an off day. Perhaps it was the way that the problem was approached.

Glad that you got it sorted in the end.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    WAYT wrote: »
    I bought a Karrimor backpack with a lifetime warranty at least twenty years ago. They have never even flinched at honouring their warranty. I think I may have taken it to their shop a couple of times in the twenty year period. They didn't even ask for the receipt, as who would have one after twenty years. :)

I wonder if that would still be honoured now as Karrimor is part of Sport Direct now?

(PS - I agree Karrimor were a great brand. Still using clothing after 25+ years)
  • bradshawj
    Options
    Honestly, this luggage really is poor. I bought a couple of these cases. First trip OK, second trip, wheel fell off one case (which I repaired), third trip, another wheel fell off (which I repaired). I emailed Tripp and they offered to swap it for a new case (on their terms) but could only offer me a different colour- not appropriate for a set of matching luggage.

The quality of these products are poor and I would recommend going with a better brand.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure