Late Delivery Late dispatch ??

Options
2»

Comments

• ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I could do but only a small proportion of my mail is currently sent tracked, I'm not sure it's currently worth changing anything to suit a minor percentage of my mail.

Most of my stuff is sent RM standard parcels and large letters with the 2D barcode and delivery confirmation through DMO - and as they do not have a dispatch scan I don't upload the tracking numbers and gamble on the buyers rating me on time to keep me within the 3%. It seems to be more reliable than getting Royal Mail to deliver 97+% to ebay's estimates
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We also use standard mail via DMO (for lower value stuff), try setting your dispatch time to 1 day but dispatching actually as you do now, same day. We don't have any late blobs on a 1 day dispatch (but dispatching same day in reality).
  • JesseJames_2
    JesseJames_2 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your entry shows as sent on 13th June, is that within your estimates or is it a late scan?

Within 6 hours - and I had set dispatch within 1 working day, so was well withing time.

...anyway...
    I have just noticed that the late that is currently on my list is actually another one now.
    The one that I was complaining about is now GONE, so they must have removed it. (I did not contact Ebay for this to happen), so perhaps the late delivery initially triggered a late, but then must have checked the sent time, and then removed it - just surmising.

The one that is on just now, is one that was returned to me with a red and white sticker with "address inaccessible".
    The person had their name and street, but no number. They asked to send again to that same address, so I put "signed for" and they got it, but since it was now some 15 days after the sale, it is now considered a late.
    I think I will phone up about that.
  • ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    We also use standard mail via DMO (for lower value stuff), try setting your dispatch time to 1 day but dispatching actually as you do now, same day. We don't have any late blobs on a 1 day dispatch (but dispatching same day in reality).

Interesting, cheers.

One of the reasons why I don't have a 1 day handing time is because I have it set to show that I send 2nd class as standard (in reality it's 48) - the reason that I have it set as 2nd class is because I used to worry that if I showed 48 that buyers would expect 2 day delivery - but as far as I aware if you have 2nd class and 1 day handling time you lose premium because it's classed as 2-3 days. So 2-3 days + 1 days = outside premium window.

The annoying reality though is that ebay tells most customers 2 days anyway, and allows them to rate a delivery late if it arrives on day 3, which they shouldn't be able to do.

I've noticed that I'm picking up occasional lates for items received on day 2, the buyers simply got it wrong on those occasions.

Do you have dispatch showing 2nd class (or 48) as standard?
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have 1 day dispatch and RM48 (or RMT48 depending on value/size).
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,272 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting, cheers.

One of the reasons why I don't have a 1 day handing time is because I have it set to show that I send 2nd class as standard (in reality it's 48) - the reason that I have it set as 2nd class is because I used to worry that if I showed 48 that buyers would expect 2 day delivery - but as far as I aware if you have 2nd class and 1 day handling time you lose premium because it's classed as 2-3 days. So 2-3 days + 1 days = outside premium window.

The annoying reality though is that ebay tells most customers 2 days anyway, and allows them to rate a delivery late if it arrives on day 3, which they shouldn't be able to do.

I've noticed that I'm picking up occasional lates for items received on day 2, the buyers simply got it wrong on those occasions.

Do you have dispatch showing 2nd class (or 48) as standard?

I have 2nd class post and 1 day dispatch and get all the TRS benefits and discount.

Currently though I'm on a 2 day dispatch due to long working hours , so needed to extend my dispatch times to cover items bought late evening that I can't wrap and get in the post next day. Losing my discount is worth it for peace of mind.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had one day despatch time and Royal Mail second class and in May I got 3 late delivery strikes despite everything being posted the same or next working day

As I went over 3% which is the new cut off come August, I have changed everything to a 2 day despatch

I despise this measure, how we can be held accountable for Royal Mails failings is ridiculous.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    I had one day despatch time and Royal Mail second class and in May I got 3 late delivery strikes despite everything being posted the same or next working day

As I went over 3% which is the new cut off come August, I have changed everything to a 2 day despatch

I despise this measure, how we can be held accountable for Royal Mails failings is ridiculous.

Because it's your responsibility as you choose to use RM.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,272 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

strangely enough if I chose to send all my items by a guaranteed next day courier or by special delivery and charge my buyers for these services I can't sell anything, however I would have less chance of a defect.

As a business I have to use services that buyers will pay for and most of the time RM is cheaper. This arbitrary late defect has made customer service worse, not better, many of us have extended our dispatch estimates or chose to charge more for our goods to use different postal methods.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

70% of my mail are letters / large letters, so who else can I use ??
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport