Windsor to London

Were going to LEGOLAND in August so will be staying near Windsor castle for a few nights.

I am also taking my 2 sons (9&7) into London to Chelsea fc ground for a stadium tour and also to spend the day on London eye.

I'm wanting to know what will be the cheapest way to get to the following places:

Windsor Riverside station TO Waterloo station on train
walk across the bridge then from
Westminster tube station to Fulham broadway station
and then return same day

Does the train tickets also cover tube inside London aswell?

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,785 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    You might get a better response over on the Public Transport board

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

You can buy train tickets either just to Waterloo or including tube travel (Travelcards) - but I think the kids might go free on the tube anyway.

What day of the week are you going and what time of day ? This will dictate if you have to get anytime tickets or the cheaper off peak tickets
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Children under 11 travel free on the tube, so I would assume you need a ticket for them to / from Waterloo only. For an adult I'd buy a one day travelcard at Windsor which will cover the return journey and tube.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    will be travelling on the 22nd of August any time after 12pm then returning anytime after 6.30pm
  • atlantis187
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Children under 11 travel free on the tube, so I would assume you need a ticket for them to / from Waterloo only. For an adult I'd buy a one day travelcard at Windsor which will cover the return journey and tube.

how much do u think a travelcard will roughly cost
    also how much will the kids train fare be
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    how much do u think a travelcard will roughly cost
    also how much will the kids train fare be

An off-peak travelcard, which will suit your plans, will cost you £16:80, £14:80 for you and £1 each for the children according to the National rail site HERE
  • atlantis187
    I have just done a dummy quote on the national rail site and the cheapest its coming up with is £22.20

Sorry don't know how to screenshot and paste this on here

How do I get the £16 price
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,785 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have just done a dummy quote on the national rail site and the cheapest its coming up with is £22.20

Sorry don't know how to screenshot and paste this on here

How do I get the £16 price

I think pompeyrich may be mistakenly quoting prices from Windsor and Eton Central Station rather than Windsor & Eton Riverside

i get £21 for an adult Travelcard, and £7.10 for a child return ticket to Waterloo (as they go free on the tube). A family railcard would save you 1/3rd if you have one.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On the national rail site select Windsor and Eton Riverside to London, and the family off peak travelcard fare I quoted will appear.

Although as p00hsticks states it seems to apply to fares to Paddington and when you click on route details it shows a 10 min walk to the Central station.

Sorry for any confusion caused.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Were going to LEGOLAND in August so will be staying near Windsor castle for a few nights.

I am also taking my 2 sons (9&7) into London to Chelsea fc ground for a stadium tour and also to spend the day on London eye.

I'm wanting to know what will be the cheapest way to get to the following places:

Windsor Riverside station TO Waterloo station on train
    walk across the bridge then from
    Westminster tube station to Fulham broadway station
    and then return same day

Does the train tickets also cover tube inside London aswell?

OP - you have additional replies on your other thread. Message a Board Guide and they will add this thread to your other one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure