Fuel Broadband

Options
Fuel Broadband customers are being moved over to Post Office Telecoms from August 1st 2017. Watch out for email offering Unlimited Broadband and Phone line for 18 months fixed at £20 per month instead of standard rate of £28 per month. It could go into your spam box!
You have 10 days to sign up.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I thought Fuel Broadband was now part of Daisy Communications.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Previous posts say you would be a fool to join Fuel .
  • liz_bartun
    liz_bartun Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are there any other Fuel Broadband phone/fibre customers here who decided to change supplier rather than migrate to The Post Office? Have you managed to do it?

The 'special deal' The Post Office offered me meant agreeing to a new contract for the same price I was already paying. I'm out of my contract period with Fuel so I decided to move instead, to Plusnet, but it's not going well - someone (or something) keeps stopping the order from completing.

My cynical head says they are sabotaging my order to make sure The Post Office gets my custom. Fuel insist it is not them cancelling it each time though. So I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

:(
  • jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only had line rental with Fuel Broadband. I've just moved that to my existing broadband supplier (PlusNet) and they gave me a very good deal - being a customer since 2002 helped!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Does the Post Office offer a usage monitor?
  • liz_bartun
    Options
    Plusnet have taken over the phone line now but still problems getting the fibre. I got a full bill from the Post Office for month 1 - an extra £15 :eek: and some stuff I didn't have before. Hope getting a refund off them when it's all sorted will be fairly smooth.
  • Maverick1103
    Options
    So my partner was with Fuel and is currently in progress of moving to Sky (transfer date is 8th August), she tells me that she's just had a bill for £34.29, about £12 more than what she used to pay, therefore I've looked into this and I've found out that she is no longer with Fuel but the Post Office (she wasn't aware Fuel are now closed).

I've called the Post Office and they've advised that they've inherited the Broadband from Fuel and due to no response from my partner they've automatically put her on the premium tariff (£34.29 per month), I've requested information on their communications and apparently it's all been via email, to which my partner has not received any emails at all, junk also checked.

I'm pretty baffled as to how the Post Office can work like this and think they can get away with it, I've logged a complaint with them and am currently awaiting a call back, however after seeing many other comments on other forums I believe I will not get anywhere.

Not only is their customer service shocking but the broadband since the switch has dropped in speed, she receives about 2Mbps download all for £32 a month!!

Has anyone managed to get anywhere with the Post Office or had a similar experience?

Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport