PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 22 June 2017

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all,

Little bit cooler this morning, thankfully.

Played footie last night but I've resigned myself to the new position of goalkeeper so I don't hurt my leg any more.

No plans tonight. Might try and do some meal prep for the rest of this week. May even attempt these scones I've been threatening to try.

redruby - it is possible to drink too much water and I believe it flushes out all the good stuff and can make you unwell. Be careful.
    silver-oldie - I too love the thunder and lightning, my favourite actually.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning, and it is a good morning because we're NOT melting like we have been over the past few days. We're overcast and with a light breeze and so much cooler today, I'll be able to go through the house an dust and tidy us up and also can face (it's more like MUST face) a trip out for some supplies as we're low on almost everything edible.

Smallest grandson apparently managed 3 meals in 6 hours when they got home yesterday and much milk and at 8.30 in the evening was laying on the floor playing with his toys, the Zebra child got home from nursery took one look at baby and said' He hasn't got a hole in any more Mamma, where's my supper I'm hungry' and that was that, wonderfully accepting is 3 years old!

Hopefully we'll get much more done today because of the cooler temperatures, I've been walking Cookie dog in the evenings over the past few days, just too hot to contemplate the normal lunchtime ambles that are normal, we now have the new carpets down, poor fitter nearly melted yesterday but they look fab and we're very happy with the new look.

We have DD2 and the boys coming up at the weekend to stay for a week with us as SIL is off to Japan for the week for a conference so much is planned for next week but on a flexible basis so nothing specific for any given day just going to have as much fun with them as we can and give DD2 a little break from routine.

Have yourselves a nice day, xxx.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

silver-oldie - I too love the thunder and lightning, my favourite actually.

I like to sit in the car near the cliff top, especially when it's night time and watch the lightning over the sea... weird??
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,264 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Cool with grey skies & no sun here on the Lancashire coast, we had rain overnight but need to go & water both my and next-plot's greenhouses later. Have escaped from DH having a brew-day to town for a mooch around, I have a little list of things to pick up and take to do, then will do the chores when I get back home.

I hope Lame Wolf is ok, I remember that they were going on holiday but thought she would be back by now.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We are forecast showers and thunderstorms so decided it was pointless to water the garden plants. Had cheese omelette for breakfast and will make chicken with peppers later to have with rice or pasta.

Need to make up a bed upstairs as dd and sil are staying over tomorrow night and then I am cat sitting for them. The curtains that have been replaced are now in a charity bag, recycling is outside and I am loading the dishwasher and washing machine.

The hot weather is making me breathless and the hospital check up on Tuesday suggested I have a heart scan so I an trying not to rush around or get stressed.

I found someone who will come round this afternoon to help me clean and hoover so am tidying things away before she comes and will have a nice shower and shampoo and get changed just before she is due. I did warn her the place is a tip what with building work etc.

Might defrost some diced beef and make individual meat pies for tomorrow evening with actifry chips and veg as son in law would enjoy that.

JackieO

Would something like a cape or shrug help? Take care of yourself in this heat.

I think Lame Wolf might be on holiday.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning gang :wave:
    karcher wrote: »

Nels. Look after you too..remember what I said about inconsiderate ungrateful mothers!

Thanks hun and yes I am trying and at the end of all this I may write a book on the subject and become a mulit squillinonaire we could co write :)

Tru not quite what I was thinking I imagined more like this for me and the boy

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2cJNGf3os-0/maxresdefault.jpg

Really miss the sun already...grey rainy skies might work well for some people in this country (but you can bet they moan like heck most of the time about our weather) doesn't work for me though hopefully it will back soon.

Dentist this morning which was less traumatic than I thought it would be which is always a bonus need to go back for a spit and polish (its the cheap version :D) but no real issues :T

Made up a lovely king prawn cocktail last night to have with salad and brown bread then when it came to it just wasn't hungry. It will be fine for today so going to have it for lunch instead seem to be a bit hungrier then.

Big hugs all and have a good if wet day
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 June 2017 at 11:49AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

Definitely much cooler today, in fact I think I'll need a cardi if I'm gardening as it's shady out the front.:eek:

I'm sort of hanging about waiting for a meat delivery so limited in what I can do outside as if I'm out back I can't hear the doorbell. (If it actually rings because it's very unpredictable...) I should be doing housework as I've guests at the weekend but will keep that joy for tomorrow so it doesn't need re-doing. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it;))

I hope everyone has a good day xx
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc

I work on the same system ;)

Had no peppers so made chicken pasta with tomatoes, onions,carrots and peas with herbs and chicken stock cube. It is reducing down for another ten minutes then can be cooled down and put in the fridge for tonight and then individual portions can be frozen for another day.

Grey skies here and a bit gloomy but I still get hot and sticky when I do anything. If the cleaner is helpful I might ask if she knows anyone who could move some stuff for me and take things to the tip. Very often it is just a spare pair of hands or strong shoulder that I need rather than a professional if you know what I mean.

Nelski

I found a sweet smile and refusal to rise to the bait helped. It really p***es the person off and they are not sure why. I remember being shouted at because I got the small apple pies from a different supermarket. DH could not believe that would happen but was proved wrong bless him.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning from a cooler SE Wales, thank goodness. It is overcast but the sun is trying to come through, I love the sun but can't stick the heat ( there's no pleasing me sometimes :rotfl:)
    It was a bit cooler last night with a nice breeze so I thought I might sleep well. Wrong ! Started coughing about 11pm and still awake at 4.30am and now have a septic throat too :(.
    Went to A*di this morning for a top up shop, it was quite busy but was back home within half an hour.
    Just a bit of a tidy up today then dad's coming over for tea, Dh has requested curry and rice with poppadoms, because he's fed up with salads. ( So I have cheated and bought some ready meals, not very OS I know, but in my defence I feel washed out ;) )
    Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

its peeing down! its nice and cool though which is a blessing after the last few days.

All is well with me, latest crisis with Prodigal is averted for now. It leaves me with such sadness in my heart.

I'm clinging on to what is good at the moment.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family