NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

PIP Assessors Report

Hi

I have received a copy of my Capita assessors report I am still waiting for a decision. Overall I am very happy but there is one section that I am confused with.

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    vicki84 wrote: »
    Hi

I have received a copy of my Capita assessors report I am still waiting for a decision. Overall I am very happy but there is one section that I am confused with.
    Glad to know you're happy but what are you confused with?
  • vicki84vicki84 Forumite
    202 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Glad to know you're happy but what are you confused with?
    Sorry I am trying to upload an image of the report but I am not having much luck
    15.2K Posts
    Forumite
    Sorry I am trying to upload an image of the report but I am not having much luck
    Maybe you can just tell us what you're not happy with? Mostly the DM will go with the report and award the same points. It's rare for them to against this. There's always the MR/Appeal route if you're not happy. Of course you need to wait for the decision before doing anything.
  • edited 20 June 2017 at 8:51AM
    vicki84vicki84 Forumite
    202 Posts
    edited 20 June 2017 at 8:51AM
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0410_zpswp9kclxn.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0411_zpsovl82zzh.jpg

I just thought the two parts contradict each other due to the last comment in the justification section. Thanks for bearing with me while I uploaded the images.
    15.2K Posts
    Forumite
    So you scored zero points but what was written underneath says the complete opposite? and you should have scored 4 points, is that correct? How many points did you recieve in total for each Daily living and mobility?
  • edited 20 June 2017 at 9:06AM
    vicki84vicki84 Forumite
    202 Posts
    edited 20 June 2017 at 9:06AM
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    So you scored zero points but what was written underneath says the complete opposite? and you should have scored 4 points, is that correct? How many points did you recieve in total for each Daily living and mobility?

Going by the assessment report I got 9 living 12 mobility. That was why I was confused with that section I am not sure if I should score anything or not?

My Dad helps me with physio and I also use a medication box all this is stated yet I got 0 points.
    15.2K Posts
    Forumite
    Going by the assessment report I got 9 living 12 mobility. That was why I was confused with that section I am not sure if I should score anything or not?

My Dad helps me with physio and I also use a medication box all this is stated yet I got 0 points.
    Going by what was wrote you should have scored 4 points, it's like they've contradicted theirself. There's nothing you can do until a decision is made and maybe the DM will give you those points (it has been known for them to do this) If not then you can always ask for the MR. By doing this tho they will look at the whole award again and you do risk losing everything. Just wait..good luck and hopefully you're not waiting much longer.
    202 Posts
    Thanks for your replies Poppy I have just called the DWP they have picked the error up and have asked for advice. This is what has delayed things.
  • edited 20 June 2017 at 1:30PM
    MuttleythefrogMuttleythefrog Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 June 2017 at 1:30PM
    wow... never seen that before... yes it looks like an error. If the DWP award you zero points for that it'll be interesting because they'll almost certainly do so because of that page.... when they go to explaining their choice they should surely recognise there is a mismatch even given their apparent blind faith in the reports. Be interested to see if the DM recognises this anomaly... a case for reconsideration on the point would obviously be incredibly powerful assuming you also agreed with the descriptor d choice and your evidence was consistent. Let us know in due course. I think in terms of advice hmmm.. I'd be torn between simply waiting for the decision or writing a quick letter for decision maker to consider any challenges you have of the report which may amount to little more than drawing their attention to this anomaly. My anxiety would probably push me to do the latter... but most sensible people would probably simply wait for decision. Doesn't say much for their quality control eh.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    202 Posts
    Apparently it has already been flagged up by the DM and they are awaiting advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals