Is bookairfare.co.uk a reputable site?

Options
Trying to get the best deal on air fares from UK to LA for July 2017. Tried cheapflights.co.uk (as suggested by MSE) and was referred to book bookairfare.co.uk. Price seemed good (£612) but seems to have many bad reviews. Does anyone have experience of bookairfare.co.uk? Do you think I should book?

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much is the £612 flight direct with the airline or Expedia?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • 97LilyP
    Options
    £612 is what bookairfare.co.uk is quoting...the airline is Air Canada which is offering the same flight for over £1000 per person.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    97LilyP wrote: »
    £612 is what bookairfare.co.uk is quoting...the airline is Air Canada which is offering the same flight for over £1000 per person.

they do not have live prices
    it is generally known as bait and switch
    'advertise' a price that is not available (but comes up cheapest on search engines)
    someone 'requests a booking' and pays their money
    agent then contacts 24-48 hours later to advise that the advertised fare is sold out so you will need to pay £x more to get the real price.
    You are obviously entitled to refuse to proceed and you can wait a few weeks/months to get your money back
    The price you see on the airlines site is a valid price. The agents fare could have sold out months ago
    You may want to have a read at this thread and see whether you still want to book with them
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7184353-Has_anyone_ever_used_bookairfare_com-Air_Travel.html
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The business is not based in the UK despite the website giving that impression. They are a US based agency with no financial protection in place in the UK and a dreadful reputation. Do business with them at your own risk, regrettably sites such as cheapflights will accept adverts from anybody, otherwise many of those overseas businesses would never see the light of day in the UK.
  • scottw86
    scottw86 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I booked with them this morning from Manchester to New York via Brussels.

Flights where £699 for 2ppl.

I got the confirmation email, although no eticket, the email states I will get this within 24hrs.

I have already contacted my credit card company in case they're not true to their word.

Scott
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport