Going to list a Next refund card on Ebay- Any issues need to look for?

Options
2»

Comments

• BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,514 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you ask around friends/family to see if one of them would like it or as mentioned above try Facebook.
  • Nestty, you obviously don't understand how eBay works and you are doing a huge disservice to the many legitimate sellers on eBay who are constantly up against the kind of rubbish and fear mongering you are peddling.

Firstly I don't know what criteria you are using to judge how 'dodgy' an eBay sellers items are.

Secondly, I am trying to understand your logic of selling on Facebook being safer than ebay. On eBay, there is a very robust complaints and refund system in place that is heavily on the buyers side in terms of protection. There is also the extra security of PayPals security. There is also a rating systen that helps buyers avoid unscrupulous sellers. Even if a product was bought and proved to be fake or not fit for purpose, eBay would offer a full refund, the same would apply to not recieving the item too.

Facebook on the other hand Facebook selling usually involves selling an item to a random stranger that you likely haven't met, for cash with no record of a having made a transaction. There is very little in place for complaints and scams are rife.

Please do your homework before making unfounded accusations that are damaging to people like me who are honest sellers on ebay.

Your advice is damaging, unproductive and also complete unfounded.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,257 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nestty, you obviously don't understand how eBay works and you are doing a huge disservice to the many legitimate sellers on eBay who are constantly up against the kind of rubbish and fear mongering you are peddling.

Firstly I don't know what criteria you are using to judge how 'dodgy' an eBay sellers items are.

Secondly, I am trying to understand your logic of selling on Facebook being safer than ebay. On eBay, there is a very robust complaints and refund system in place that is heavily on the buyers side in terms of protection. There is also the extra security of PayPals security. There is also a rating systen that helps buyers avoid unscrupulous sellers. Even if a product was bought and proved to be fake or not fit for purpose, eBay would offer a full refund, the same would apply to not recieving the item too.

Facebook on the other hand Facebook selling usually involves selling an item to a random stranger that you likely haven't met, for cash with no record of a having made a transaction. There is very little in place for complaints and scams are rife.

Please do your homework before making unfounded accusations that are damaging to people like me who are honest sellers on ebay.

Your advice is damaging, unproductive and also complete unfounded.

You are replying to a thread nearly 2 years old - I think the boat has sailed on responding to this !

Thread closed as out of date.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure