IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo Parking Ticket Help - Misread FAQ Section

Options
Hi there,

First of all thank you to anyone in advance who reads this and can help.

I received a parking ticket by Indigo for parking at a train station on 8th May 17.
I was actually parked on the road outside the station which is perfectly legal. It is a country lane with no road markings where everyone parks once the free car park (under Indigo control) has filled up. The car park has some double yellow lines as you exit to stop people obstructing the exit. I didn't realise that the rear of my car was overhanging the double yellow line of the exit as I was the first to park on the road that day having just missed the last space in the car park. Of course, I received a PCN for it. However, it is absolutely ridiculous that I did when you understand the setup in real life.

This said, I read the FAQs on here that night and decided to wait until the NTK arrived. But yes, I misread the FAQs as I shouldn't have waited till the NTK arrived but should have responded on the 25/26th day like advised.
Now what I believe to be the NTK has arrived today as: 'OVERDUE PENALTY NOTICE TO OWNER' from Indigo. They are requesting £124 as payment. What are my options from here considering I have done nothing since receiving the PCN (yes I know I should have sent the FAQ letter on the 25th day - idiot on my part!).

Any help from here on out would be really appreciated. Any other details needed or if I need to make myself clearer please just say.

Thanks.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Appeal now, as keeper.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • newbil
    newbil Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, thank you!

So just to confirm I am sending them this below??:
    And what is the best way to send this to Indigo?
    Thanks again!

---

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE KEEPER GOES HERE. THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Indigo are BPA members, so you send the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES.

Send it by whatever method they tell you to use on the NTK. Don't forget to put the keeper's name on it as well as the NTK number. No editing, just copy and paste and send.

After that you need to read up on how to beat this at PoPLA. Pay particular attention to the byelaws appeal point.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The first appeal is moot really. The idea is to get a POPLA code so you can do a real appeal.

If your brave you can put:

Dear Indigo I wish to appeal innit.

I did not park rong. I is innocent innit. Giz us de POPLA codez as I wishes to appeal. Dis is defo an appeal so sendz de code.

LuvZ

Xxxx

I sent that to one company and they mailed back the ticket was cancelled. I think they knew I just wanted to cost them at POPLA.

Only do this if you are brave though.
  • newbil
    Options
    Done as you said
  • newbil
    Options
    Haha that is pretty funny!
    It's done so I'll look out for the POPLA code response now and go from there.
    Do you have a suggestion as to the best thing to send to POPLA once it arrives for my case? Cheers
  • waamo
    Options
    I'm confident though. I'm a total of 8 nil up. 6 cp plus 1 ukcps and 1 parking eye.

Its POPLA that counts.
  • newbil
    Options
    Waamo, completely fair enough.

For my particular case what is the best response to give to POPLA?
    I've seen loads of examples but not sure what is best for my specific case..
  • waamo
    Options
    Use the examples on here. There are loads and they are very up to date. They really do work.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Dear Indigo I wish to appeal innit.
    The waiter in a restaurant we frequent completes every sentence with 'innit'. So much so, Mrs U and I refer to him as 'Innit'.

Lovely poppadoms though - innit! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport