Trust or ISA for my children

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
1 reply 1.4K views
Bernie248Bernie248 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
I'm looking for some advice. I'm a single older mother to 7 year old twins and want to ensure they have enough money to be looked after in the future, in the event something happens to me. I'm just about to sell a flat I half own with my ex partner and want to put my share of it away for my children. In other words the money is to be made over to them, perhaps part of which could be put away till they are 18, but some of it needs to be available just in case the unthinkable does happen and I'm no longer around. Any advice please? Thanks


  • xylophonexylophone Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    You have seen a solicitor and made a will and appointed guardians/trustees for your children?

    Do you have any pension provision/insurance written in trust that would be available for the children?

    You could use a JISA for each of the children that would be available to them individually at 18 but you could invest/deposit money in your own name giving directions in your will as to what was to happen to your assets in the event of your death before the children reach adulthood.

    You could consult an Independent Financial Adviser.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals