HSBC Advance account application process complaint

Options
13»

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Well in theory you should not need to go into a branch to open the account but I and others have found that when applying for the account online they try to identify you by asking questions from your Experian file and some of the questions are a bit weird - in any case I failed so I had to go into the branch with my passport and drivers licence to verify my identity

nothing to do with opening an account per se and it wasn't a credit check it was an identity check - you may find this happens to you
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    I opened one last week, and it was all done online, and opened immediately, and the card came through 2 days later. I then phoned up to set up telephone banking but that also came through via a questionaire in the post.

No need to visit a branch - just need to return some forms ie sample signature, telephone banking form.
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    The problem with HSBC is it takes at least one week to get online where as other banks takes around two days
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    No_Name wrote: »
    The problem with HSBC is it takes at least one week to get online where as other banks takes around two days

I opened my account on Thursday 24th May, got my debit card on Saturday 26th May, phoned up to set up my telephone banking and was online by 10:15am that Saturday morning.
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As my post #21 above one of the queries, does the account I'm switching from need to already have 2 direct debits on it or can I add the DD or even SO later when it's opened? Reason is I'm switching an unused Nationwide account with no DD.
  • maxximus75
    maxximus75 Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brewer20 wrote: »
    As my post #21 above one of the queries, does the account I'm switching from need to already have 2 direct debits on it or can I add the DD or even SO later when it's opened? Reason is I'm switching an unused Nationwide account with no DD.

The account you are switching needs to have at least 2 direct debits or standing orders in order to be eligible for the bonus.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure