PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is the property information sheet (TA6 form) legally binding

Options
13»

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Steven_A wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses - very helpful.

My gut feeling is that now we are selling the property they have noticed an opportunity to put the cost onto the person buying the house.

I'm worried it can affect the sale but hopefully it can be put to bed using some of the advice above

Thanks very much everyone

I agree. I think they know you are selling and see this as an opportunity to "put things right" (in their opinion).

But I wouldnt want the paperwork amended for future buyers either - as it could put them off.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Steven_A wrote: »
    Cheers David.

Is there a specific form that a managing agent should have showing we signed up to a service charge?

Or is it just in the title documents?

You've told us there isn't anything in the title documents.

Apart from that, anyone can contract with someone for the provision of window cleaning / gardening / putting out bins services - if you've agreed to pay those charges then you need to pay them. That's just normal contract law, nothing really to do with property ownership. But it sounds like you haven't agreed to pay them.
  • Steven_A
    Steven_A Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I was unclear then.

Yes, there is nothing in the title documents.

I just wasn't sure if there was some kind of proforma that the developers would have to show a serve / management charge was agreed.

I asked the developers to provide me with something from their side to prove otherwise and they have said "We don't keep copies of any legal paperwork in relation to deeds etc at the office"

i think i'm covered from my side.
  • Steven_A
    Steven_A Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    agreed, i won't be agreeing to change that
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    If the seller never paid a charge they have answered in good faith. Your solicitor might well have asked for a copy of what charges they have paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure