What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 12/06

Options

Comments

• Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Friday! :T

So glad Friday has rolled around and the end of the working week is here. Still suffering with this cold but could be worse.. could have it during the winter months then I'd be even more miserable.

Todays plans:

* Hoover and mop floors downstairs and quick dust
    * Put away the clean washing from yesterday
    * One lot of washing on and out to dry
    * I finally got my £25 cash pay out from Swagbucks :T
    * Need to return an item to Next but also pick up DS new prom shoes from DP but I got 30% off them
    * Kids having pizza tonight - pizza express ones that I got for half price but I'm going to have a low cal version and have pitta's topped like a pizza instead. Watching the calories prior to our break away :) However, I'll have a couple of V&T's tonight :beer:
    * May try and get in a home workout if I have time today
    * Need to write to Santander who told me to pay money into my old account which I don't even have anymore!
    * I do need to pop to Costco but may go at the weekend as not much time today

Have a lovely day everyone!
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Friday!

Dawn sorry to hear you're still not 100% hope it goes real soon x

Cat get the cleaner! If you can afford it. Life's too short to be beating ourselves up! x

small plans for today:

* work, work, work and then work some more! final push now & think by the end of next week I'll be back up to date - 3 more crucial things as well as client work to get done
    * made madam's lunch, just need to finish packing her bag
    * nip to sm and pick up milk. Will pick up things for the party and a birthday present for a kids party tomorrow
    * load of washing in machine and hang out
    * water veggies in a minute
    * I hope to have the energy to finally do my potting on/sowing after work
    * have polished the lounge just need to vacuum before wfh for a few hours before going off to meet a client at 11.30
    * contact mil and see if she will have madam on Tuesday so I can go and do a free forgaing course :j
    * need to make something to take to the party tomorrow evening - maybe a tabullah and a bean rice salad

Ok that's too much! Happy Friday guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    its nearly the end of the week .. whoop !

Morning guys .. a busy one for me today ..

at work at the minute then I have my second job tonight.

things to do today

workouts
    bake cakes for tonights job
    tidy/hoover
    scrounge bags to make a PAD today lol
    pay bill online
    go to second job tonight then home and chill ready for work again tomorrow morning.

im hoping at some point to go through the freezer and do next weeks meal plan using as much out of there as possible .. I don't hink I can possibly fit any more in lol.

so .. hope you all have a fantastic Friday and hopefully this sun will stay out a wee bit longer
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome to Brednall and Spatton
    Trying to get myself motivated today, but soil cleaning up is very much needed after one of the cats attacked the geranium in the kitchen:eek: and I have a big stick in a pot that was ready to go to the skip ( was a very nice plant until attacked by the cats) that has been knocked over....more soil:eek:
    So the plan is to get the geranium into this pot and outside without further going soil going everywhere as at the minute.......it's everywhere:eek:.
    This wasn't the plan for today at all.
    Cat cleaning all done
    Banking all checked.
    Tesc@s later to stock up on cat food. Have a voucher to use. Have deliberately held off on cat food until paid today. Always do a big cat food top up when paid making use of any vouchers.
    Going to try and flick the duster around and hoover if I get chance later.
    Two bits of paperwork to do but not vital.
    Off to up date my grocery book.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,135 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    CCL - My thoughts (for what they're worth!) on your cleaner & gardener:
    I love gardening so am happy to do all of it (except the heavy stuff & lawn-mowing). Yes, I grow quite a bit of food, but gardening is still one of my main hobbies.....like you do your crochet, I do my garden. If I wasn't a gardening-lover & worked full-time, I'd probably pay for lawn-mowing & basic clearing/weeding as I still wouldn't want to look at a mess.
    Re cleaning. You say you don't like cleaning. Does anyone? I certainly don't! I do it once a week on Friday (which is most likely why I'm on here today, lol!) & deep-cleaning rooms happens when I think they need it, which is about twice a year. I spend about 40 mins first thing each morning doing daily kitchen jobs.....washing breakfast pots, wiping surfaces, checking fridge for stuff that needs using, getting stuff out of freezer for that night, setting bread maker, etc, that's it! The difference is that I'm not working. You are, & that's why I can understand where you're coming from. When mr f & I were both working full time (includiing 1 Saturday a month) plus both of us had over a 40 mile round trip commute too, we did find that we spent a lot of our weekend doing household tasks. We'd usually go & get the grocery shopping on Saturday morning, do banking, post office, all the stuff we couldn't do in the week, then when we got home, we'd have the house to clean & all those domestic jobs. So that'd usually be Saturday afternoon & we wouldn't sit down until it was someone's turn to get up again & make dinner. That would leave just Sunday......if we didn't also have essential garden tasks. I think this is the norm for many, many working couples. And I'm talking about an equal relationship on the domestic front. When we were both working, mr f always shared the cleaning, ironing, cooking,shopping,etc, equally with me, & he still does some of it now, though I felt it only fair to take over most of it.when I stopped work. I know from your posts that you don't get this level of help. So I wouldn't judge you for hiring a cleaner. If you just get someone for minimal hours but INSIST that everyone puts their stuff away & keeps the place tidy, you may find that the costs are partly offset by freeing up some of your time for more money-saving activity.......i.e shopping around, batch-cooking, crafting to make gifts, etc. It's obvious from your posts that you need to free up some time for yourself in your daily life & if you can't get your family on board to help regularly, hiring somebody is probably the answer. Good luck!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Brednall/Happy Kitties - Re naughty spending on craft supplies. Yes, I have to hold my hand up to this one too. I've been really bad with this in the past. I'm primarily a knitter these days, but have done all sorts of crafts in the past - needlepoint, patchwork, jewellery, pewter, Christmas decorations, etc. Last year, I was no longer able to get the lid shut down on my yarn stash & decided I wouldn't buy any more yarn until I'd completed all the projects possible from my existing stash. This has gone quite well. I made lots of knitted cats, advertised them to my Facebook friends & sold about 20 - I also gave some of them as gifts to catty friends. I knitted up small oddments of colourful sock yarn into baby socks & sold quite a few pairs of them too. I have been gifted loads of nice self-patterning sock yarn & am currently knitting that up into socks for Christmas presents for people who I know really like them. I also rediscovered an expensive needlepoint kit I bought years ago to make a little bag - am thinking I will finish that (I only stitched a tiny corner, what a waste!) & pop a nice bottle of perfume inside to give as a gift. There could be lots of potential gifts amongst your crafting stashes, so why not have a sort through & see whether if you started now, you could produce a few gifts to reduce your spending on presents later in the year? That's what I'm doing.
    The only yarn I have bought since my self-imposed yarn embargo is 6 balls of sock yarn from the Tiger shop because they were selling it for £1 a ball instead of the more usual 5 or 6 times that. At 2 balls per adult pair of socks, that was well worth having - I sell my hand-knitted socks too, so I get a better return on them if I've got the yarn for a good price.
    But yes, we crafters can be very naughty indeed with spending our cashola on more tempting stuff!!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    Options
    I'm like buses this morning......not much all week, then 3 posts at once!!
    Today's money-saving list:
    *Think why my June budget is £23 adrift. Think I've solved it - it's postage for ebay items & a few other small items, I think. Still solvent, have re-adjusted, but looking forward to pay-day.
    *Online grocery order coming later - pretty much stuck to budget & managed to get a £1 delivery slot by opting for between 9 & 10pm. The driver invariably rings us way before this time & says can he come earlier, so it suits us.
    *Clean whole house using minimal products & washable cloths. In hand. Bathroom & kitchen done. Hoovering next.
    *New washing machine delivered first thing. £25 saved because mr f reckons he can plumb it in fine himself. Another £15 saved by leaving the old machine at the end of our drive for the scrap collectors instead of paying to have it removed.
    *Fridge checked for anything in danger of being wasted - an unused cauliflower & carrots now prepped, blanched & frozen for when we next have a roast dinner. Mustard & cress will be added to lunchtime sandwiches today.
    *Big bag of veggie peelings, etc, ready to be added to the worm composter. They are gobbling through stuff like wanno at the moment - a whole jugful of free liquid plant food produced this week.
    *Post 2 ebay parcels
    *Need to nip to Co-op for 2 items - make sure it stops at 2 items. Even YS stuff is not good value if I don't need it.
    *Might pop out to local farm shop cafe as have a voucher for free coffee & cake. Need to check when it expires.
    *Water greenhouse veggies.
    *Postie brought me a £5 giftcard from my CC provider (loyalty points) - I used it for paying for the washing machine too (while I decide what savings pot the money's coming from) so I think I will already have sufficient points for another voucher too.
    *Take sourdough jar out of fridge & feed it ready for 1st attempt at making a sourdough loaf tomorrow. I don't have the usual proving basket for this, but have read that I can use a basket lined with a clean floured tea towel, so will try that as the no-spend option.
    *Finish a crossword competition. I was doing really well with it but have noticed all the questions I didn't know the answers to are geographical. My geography has always been hopeless. Shall look up the answers as prize is a voucher for local butchery which would be useful.
    *Knit more of current pair of socks for presents box. mr f has his eye on these, but I've earmarked them for his B-in-L who apparently loved his last pair.
    *Might use £1.50 off voucher for a cheap 'Guardian', though if I don't crack on with this cleaning, I shan't have time to read it!
    OK. I can't pretend it's still my coffee break. Onwards with the trusty vacuum...........which I mended ages ago with blu-tack & it's till working!
    Love to all,
    F xx
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aw you lot are lovely. Thanks. I really appreciate all of your kind and wise words. I know I shouldn't feel guilty asking and paying for help but I do. Realistically I know I work hard, and long hours and do the majority of everything at home and get no help from the family but guilt is what I do best, and I feel a bit guilty about it all. But it will make me feel better not having to stress about getting into a massive argument about the fact that the rest of my family are lazy and just expect me to do everything all of the time. You should have witnessed the argument that ensued in the house last night about chicken nuggets! Basically, ds wanted chicken nuggets and there were none left. He blamed his sister for eating them all, she blamed him. It turned out it was dh that had eaten them all, but obviously I should have known that there were no chicken nuggets left and bought some more. Even though I don't like chicken nuggets. Seriously. I just thought how typical that was of the fact that I'm expected to be completely responsible for everyone and everything - I was definitely tired but lost my temper about it as well. :D
    Mainly because I'm still busy with work, and exam marking. The end is in sight for the first bit of marking, but round 2 starts next Thursday in London. Worth it when the cash trickles through :)
    Other than that, very little to report. Busy, skint, bit fed up... Thanks for listening to my little rant.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

All food from home today including leftovers from last night's takeaway, yum!

Keeping an eye out for the cheques *supposed* to be on the way from Zapper.

Pack and drop off package for WBB.

I have a big chunk of cheese sitting in the fridge so I'm thinking maybe a big ploughman's lunch for dinner tonight, I have all the trimmings, just need to buy some nice bread and some crisps to go on the side.

I've been checking out the prices for a replacement dishwasher and I think it might be doable on payday, this will save me SO much time and stress, I don't know why I haven't done it sooner. I'm hoping to buy from one of the big sheds and hope that they can install it for me as it's integrated so I don't think it's going to be a simple job.

Talk myself out of getting an integrated tumble drier at the same time as this will involve moving the sink and replacing the worktop and I will be back to step one with a maxed out credit card.

Catch up on last nights EastEnders before watching tonights, I fell asleep quite early last night, must do that more often!

Get DS to arrange when I can drop DSXGF's stuff to her new home, I'm waiting for a package to be redelivered for her tomorrow and then it can all go at once!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just put a new dishwasher on my credit card. I will have the money to pay for it on payday but ordered it now so I could get delivery/installation booked for my week off.

This is going to revolutionise my evenings!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure