PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Neighbours ball damaging fence.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    m0bov wrote: »
    Anti Social Behaviour Order

On what basis?
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Read the thread?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    And get told to 'f off' no doubt.

So you are admitting that the individual is a problem, who would even tell a police officer to "F off"?

There are probably plenty of laws against that - I'm sure plod won't go "sorry mate" and scuttle off.

Indeed, that reaction would instantly demonstrate which party was most likely to be the source of the problem.
  • Guest101
    Options
    m0bov wrote: »
    Read the thread?
    I have, I suspect you don't know what an ASBO is or how they're actually used.
    It's just a nice phrase to throw around.
  • Guest101
    Options
    So you are admitting that the individual is a problem, who would even tell a police officer to "F off"? - I'm saying that from the way YOU are portraying them, that would be the likely response.

There are probably plenty of laws against that - I'm sure plod won't go "sorry mate" and scuttle off. - No, there are no laws against telling anyone to F Off, especially not when you are in your own home.

Indeed, that reaction would instantly demonstrate which party was most likely to be the source of the problem.

So? Let's hypothetically agree on your version of events, it still doesn't help.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So? Let's hypothetically agree on your version of events, it still doesn't help.

You're one of those "tricky with words" people, whose sole purpose is to get people wrapped up ... in order to avoid the reality.

As has been suggested, you should read the thread. There are powers in ASBOs, the 2014 changes made it easier to deal with this type of local nuisance.

You're not "helping" at all, you're obstructing a route to the OP's resolution and I'm not sure why.

Are you deliberately playing Devil's Advocate? Practising some form of "Debate Method"? Or just like to give the illusion that a route isn't available?

You appear to be blind to what's actually happening and being belligerent to people's responses without actually "adding value" to the discussion.

And I know you'll have some "smug answer" to my post, which I won't be able to respond to coherently as you'll have "done it again"

:)

But I will NOT be silenced by clever tongue tactics on an issue that is important.

• Guest101
    Options
    You're one of those "tricky with words" people, whose sole purpose is to get people wrapped up ... in order to avoid the reality. - no? I'm just pragmatic and to the point.

As has been suggested, you should read the thread. There are powers in ASBOs, the 2014 changes made it easier to deal with this type of local nuisance. - In what way? You saying so doesn't help anyone. I can tell you that ASBOs are actually on the way out, being replaced mostly by PSPO's. Yes it's still possible to get an ASBO, but the nuisance typically has to be public, has to affect numerous people and has to be deliberate.

You're not "helping" at all, you're obstructing a route to the OP's resolution and I'm not sure why. - In what way am I obstructing, I'm not interrupting the police who are still going about dealing with minor neighbour disputes, apparently.

Are you deliberately playing Devil's Advocate? - no Practising some form of "Debate Method"? - no Or just like to give the illusion that a route isn't available? - I'm being pragmatic.

You appear to be blind to what's actually happening and being belligerent to people's responses without actually "adding value" to the discussion. - I'd counter to say that your responses aren't adding any value. The OP isn't going to print this thread off and show it to the police saying 'see how many people agree with me, you must stop it'. I'm pointing out that the advice being presented, whilst trying to be helpful, is simply wrong.

And I know you'll have some "smug answer" to my post, which I won't be able to respond to coherently as you'll have "done it again" - Do you often resort to insults when discussions aren't going your way?

But I will NOT be silenced by clever tongue tactics on an issue that is important. - I haven't tried to silence you.

it's called having a debate on a topic, typically there will be numerous view points.
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I like the replacing the fence with a chicken wire that won't bounce the ball back idea.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • PhilE
    PhilE Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    You're wasting valuable poloce time on this nonsense?

More worryingly the police are actually wasting time on this nonsense?!

(make sure you get planning permission for both ;) )

Of course, if it were your mum it wouldn't be a waste of time, would it. If your mum had missiles coming into her garden causing her to stumble it wouldn't be a waste of your time, to do something about it.

The fact that you regard it as a waste of time when it comes to someone elses mother suggests, with respect, that you are of low character.

And thats the last time I ever waste my time addressing you. Dont forget to get in the last say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure