Won section 75 and refunded by card provider then retailer refunds me

Options
2»

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    You have contacted them now, haven't you?

You don't need to ask random strangers whether to email or message. Either will reach them so do whichever is most convenient.
    yes contacted them. secure message reply says it will be handled by disputes to see the way forward
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I dont assume i was refunded by S75 i know i was as i have email from capital one telling me it was successful .
    the payment shows up as PURCHASE ADJUSTMENT, which would indicate they have not refunded from the retailer, but for their own funds or just removed the original transaction from my account.

the retailer was https://pc-tec.co.uk/ and this is their trustpilot reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/pc-tec.co.uk

It was probably done as a chargeback behind the scenes. Why would Capital One take the loss themselves if they didn't have to?

I did a chargeback via Nationwide a few weeks ago and it's listed on my statement as an adjustment.

And, like you, the organisation I made the original payment to has also given me a refund.

I've had this happen before. Typically, the card provider will recharge the refund they gave back to your account.

I guess retailers may incur a penalty for a successful chargeback, so make the refund themselves to avoid it.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    It was probably done as a chargeback behind the scenes. Why would Capital One take the loss themselves if they didn't have to?

I did a chargeback via Nationwide a few weeks ago and it's listed on my statement as an adjustment.

And, like you, the organisation I made the original payment to has also given me a refund.

I've had this happen before. Typically, the card provider will recharge the refund they gave back to your account.

I guess retailers may incur a penalty for a successful chargeback, so make the refund themselves to avoid it.
    i was shocked by the refund from retailer if you look at their trustpilot reviews
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    i was shocked by the refund from retailer if you look at their trustpilot reviews

I tend to take review sites with a pinch of Salt.

Many of Capital One's Trustpilot reviews are dire.

As are ones for First Direct, which is often rated highly here.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The refund should be taken back by the card provider, not the retailer.

Just let them know and let them deal with the aftermath.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure