IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine after 30seconds

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You got missed when people were on holiday, I reckon. Have you submitted this yet?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    I would emphasise that nothing was achieved by the stationary period, except the reading of the notice.
    A very short time of stopping to collect or drop someone off for instance, would have been a "gain", and hence perhaps needed a different defence ; but this is like reading the menu outside a restaurant, and getting a bill for a table cover charge.

If 30 seconds is long enough for a charge, what about 10 seconds, or 2 ? Even if the driver didn't have to get out, it would be unsafe for them to read the notice while moving. The sign I can see on Google Street View says "Free Parking", almost designed to entice someone to take a closer look at the sign ; real-life click-bait, like "FREE CASH withdrawals". If they didn't want people to stop, there are Highway Code symbols for that.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    I also notice that it is a narrow no-through road ; requiring at least a 3-point turn, and hence some stopping is unavoidable.
  • sammy_121
    Options
    Hi
    Network rail and its a private road.
  • sammy_121
    Options
    I have the Network rail byelaws but i cant post them on this site ?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sammy - You clearly agreed to not hijack other people's threads and confirmed understanding of basic posting issues and limitations for new members.

So please go back to the forum page and post your own thread, after reading the newbies sticky carefully.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes you can, you post deadlinks - change http to hxxp.
  • jrc123
    jrc123 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    still awaiting the court documents as soon as they do will report back

thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good, stick around, we are normally quicker to respond than in August!

You will need to come back here at Witness Statement and evidence stage, the month before the hearing date, and again before the hearing for final tips, for the best prospects of winning.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jrc123
    jrc123 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

so it has been quite some time now!
    I originally received an LBC from Gladstones which like everyone's did not have any information so i followed the forum and responded back like i have seen as :

31st July 2017

Dear Sir
    Ref:XX
    I have received your Letter Before Claim dated 25th July 2017.
    I deny any debt to Parking Control Management (UK) Limited

The driver is not identified in your letter and your client has failed to meet the requirements of The Protection of Freedoms Act to pursue me as keeper.

You also cannot presume that I possess all the documents referred to in your letter. Please send me copies of all the documents sent by the client including the windscreen notice if one was attached to the vehicle.

When these are supplied, please also confirm whether the intended action is founded on a contractual charge, a breach of a contract or trespass.

Please confirm that your client's contract with the land-holder includes specific authority to take legal action and that this will be produced for the court.

I also require an explanation for the additional £60 charge including confirmation that it has already been invoiced and paid.

When I receive the documents and your explanations I will be in a position to make a more detailed response. It would be unreasonable to proceed with litigation before you have clarified your client's cause of action.

I look forward to your response

Yours Faithfully

this was sent on the 31st July and now on the 27th November i get a reply - crazy!
    From what i have been told above if it is too do with railway byelaws where this plot land was then they have 6 months to try to take me to court it is now december and this happened in may so well over 6 months now.

Their reply was as below- i took picture of the letter

http://tinypic.com/r/2ld9e10/9
    http://tinypic.com/r/ildjtd/9

should i now repond back to their letter?

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport