£15,000 to 0

Options

Comments

• Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :beer:

Well, my accounts have balanced and all the money I was expecting has come in.

Had a moment of utter madness earlier and completely forgot about the existence of my Amex, so I ended up thinking myself richer than I was :rotfl:

Amex duly paid, balance is back to 0 which is where I like it.

£17.71 available on my natwest, £27 in cash. Still the same amounts in my help to buy and nationwide.

Been keeping up with prolific.

Had a very productive day at work today so I'm feeling :cool:

Not much else to report!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 June 2017 at 12:43PM
    Options
    All sounding good - and :beer: indeed to everything balancing! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Another weekend bites the dust and here we are at Monday morning again!

It has been far too hot for me, I'm hoping it will cool down by about 5-10 degrees soon!

Had a lazy weekend and a nice father's day, hope everyone else had a good time too.

Debt-wise and spending-wise I'm doing just okay...slipped a bit over the last week and a half or so with my spending but nothing too drastic.

I've got £1,250 in my Nationwide account and on one hand, I'm considering setting myself the challenge of getting rid of my 2k overdraft in its entirety rather than reducing it 1k by 1k.

On the other hand, the sensible side of me says to pay off the mandatory £1k at the end of this month and then save up £3.5k in my nationwide account before transferring the remaining £1k over and getting rid of the overdraft once and for all. This way, I make the absolute most of that 5% interest introductory offer.

Same dilemma, different day!

As to the Amex, I currently owe about £15 on it but the transactions haven't cleared yet so I'm waiting for them to clear, otherwise it won't let me pay.

Overdraft is as per usual!

Paella for lunch today because we went to a spanish restaurant for father's day (my older sister paid) and I snaffled the leftovers ;)
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Is it still not the end of the month?

I confess, I bought three new pairs of work shoes (at least one of these will be returning to the store, ordered for choice) because they were half price at clarks, and my current work shoes are absolutely battered and has holes in them. £81.50 spent. I'm not too angry about this because I'd already budgeted to buy new work clothes next month, since what I'm wearing now is getting a bit on the ratty side.

Received a diamond necklace from my parents. I am extremely grateful and touched that they would do so, but I can't help being horrified at how much it cost and thinking what better use that money should have been put to. I won't let them know that though.

I've not been great with spending this week. I've started to run out of motivation and can feel myself slipping back into the "well, why shouldn't I?!" mindset. Obviously my mountains of debt is why I shouldn't, it's hard to remind myself that when I'm hungry at lunch and haven't bothered to bring lunch for the whole week, and there's expensive tempting food places right on the doorstep. Must keep up with bringing lunch but I'm bored to tears of soup and never quite seem organised enough to make lunch.

I've had absolutely 0 surveys in the last three days from Prolific Academic which is a bit annoying because I've quite enjoyed earning a little extra here and there from it.

On moneysaving news, I have been needing a pair of sunglasses and found a pair for £8 that I was moments away from clicking buy, but then had the sense to check ebay and they're on there for £1.38! So that's £6.62 saved!

On less moneysaving news, I made a big purchase for my parents and forgot that I could get nectar points. Kicking myself because with the offers and deals, I would have gotten £40 worth!
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Shoes - sound like a reasoned decision to me - you can't be walking about with holes in them!

Necklace - sounds amazing but yes, this is one of the problems with debt - it can rob you of pleasure in a lovely thoughtful gift. Wear it, love it, and just make sure it's covered on your insurance!

Revisit the options for lunches to avoid boredom. Salads, sandwiches, (filled rolls are easier than mucking about with bread) jacket potatoes maybe? Houmous and dippy veg. I'm making myself hungry so I'll stop now! :rotfl:

Sunglasses - well done for thinking to look! :T

Nectar points - give yourself a kick, remember it in the future, and move on. You can't be beating yourself up about stuff like that for too long.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Thank you EH! I've managed to bring lunch every day this week so far, hopefully this streak continues! Not a NSD today as I've given my boyfriend £40 petrol money, although it is payday today! Haven't had time to sort out July's budget but will sort it out tomorrow I think.

Had a bit of a rough week at work so far. Workload is intense and I made a mistake by omitting to do something that could have an impact. Not sure of the severity yet but I've been worrying about it all night. My boyfriend keeps telling me to let it go because I can't do anything to change the past and I know he's right but I'm such a worry wart.

On MS news, my overdraft shall reduce in two days and I'm pleased to report that I haven't spent the money I put aside for it! So I have transferred the money over already so it's sat in my account ready for the overdraft reduction. Although speaking to my friends with the same bank who didn't do an extra year of study, apparently theirs didn't reduce at all so I'm questioning whether my bank are actually going to manage it! I suppose we will see!

Prolific has really slowed down which is a shame. I might start using panelbase which I heard is good!

Hope everyone has a good week.
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Many years ago an old boss gave me a great piece of advice on mistakes made at work:
    Once you have realised what you've done, if you can fix it, do so, THEN tell your manager what's happened and how you've resolved it. If you can't fix it, tell them immediately what has happened and ask for their help in sorting the situation out. Either route minimises the potential damage caused and at the very least you emerge as an honest sort. Either way, apologise and reassure that it won't happen again. Your Boyfriend is right that worrying about it won't change things, but that's easier said than done, isn't it!

Regardless of what the bank decide to do it's the right thing for you to reduce the overdraft anyway isn't it - so I'd give yourself a quiet round of applause that it sounds as though you're ahead of your friends on this one! if the bank don't make the reduction themselves you can probably do it yourself via your online banking?

Prolific - well reminded. Need to get back on that one.
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Glad I could be of service :A

I was like :eek: when I saw there's a £16.50 study on PA at the moment but it needs you to have facebook and twitter, and I deactivated my twitter account in January :(
    Total £7,000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn't do that one either, I don't have either FB or Twitter :o
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I have both but the time involved meant that the hourly rate wasn't anything like as good as it looked at first glance, plus it meant involving other people so I decided against.
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business