£15,000 to 0

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Sounds like a logical decision to me then - well done!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    This is something I need to talk to my OH about! He earns about £8k less than I do, so it would make sense for me to pay in more, but his pension is much, much better than mine (think 4 x the amount of employer contribution every month) so I need to focus more on my pension. (Slightly) annoyingly, he is very laid back so I could probably tell him I'm going to contribute half of what he does, and he'd be fine with it :rotfl:

In other news, I've been told there's been some movement on the flat! The inspection has FINALLY taken place and my solicitors reckon I might be able to complete before Christmas, if the report comes back this week as expected. Trouble is, I have outstanding balances on my credit cards so when my mortgage company run a final check on me, they aren't gonna like it. To this end, I took out £1k from my high interest saver and paid off my credit card, and will just take the hit on the penalty. It should only be about £5 penalty anyway so that's fine.

Glad you finally have some movement on your flat purchase and your OH now living with you. That should save you loads.

The way we organised our finances due to income discrepancy when I went part time after having children was all income went into our joint account and all main bills came from there as did savings account transfers. We had and still have the same amount of personal spending money but all joint and household expenses come out of the main joint current account. Our personal spending money covers presents for each other, clothes, hair and other beauty treatments (for me) and hobbies and some entertainment for doing things with friends rather than each other. We get £200 each per month which is increasing to £250 next year when my second pension kicks in. It will go up further when our state pensions pay out in 4/6 years time. I find £200 plenty but don't live in London.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure