£15,000 to 0

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    All looking good :D keep going. I do read along just don't always know what to say. So don't feel alone in here I do 'thank' posts to show I'm reading and you're not alone :o x
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    All looking good :D keep going. I do read along just don't always know what to say. So don't feel alone in here I do 'thank' posts to show I'm reading and you're not alone :o x

You are a gem, you are :A
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: So there IS such a thing as a free lunch after all?! :rotfl::rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: So there IS such a thing as a free lunch after all?! :rotfl::rotfl:

Only when you've been told off by said barrister because he didn't tell you he wanted a document for a hearing and you can't read minds, so he looked like a fool in front of a judge and took it out on you, and then felt awfully bad about it afterwards when he'd calmed down....;):rotfl:
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Phew, what a long long LONG week! Seemed to go on forever...I was convinced that it was Saturday when I woke up this morning, was devastated to realise it's actually Friday :p

Personally somewhat pleased about the election result. I'm a leftist through and through, I agree 100% with Corbyn's anti-austerity, so I'm pleased that the Tories are weakened, at least. Although this does mean a weaker pound which sucks.

Good News
    • The boyfriend got a job down south! It's still about an hour away and the pay is mediocre, and he will have significantly higher expenses but I'm pleased because it's closer to me, and it's a 9-5 job which means we can spend weekends together. I think it will be good for his general health and happiness too.
    • It's the weekend
    • I have wine
    • There's more money in my account than I thought there would be
    • I'm about to have a long, hot bath, watch House of Cards and chill.

Bad News
    • Boyfriend's said new job means a short-term change of priorities budget-wise. He is a bit of a disaster planning-wise and he only has £400 put away for moving costs. We think it will cost nearer 2k. This means I will probably have to find some way to scrape an extra £1k to lend to him.
    • I'm so swamped at work right now that I had to bring quite a lot of work home for the weekend, which means I will probably be working about 6-7 hours this weekend. And no, I don't get paid for overtime.
    • I forgot my lunch EVERY DAY this week, which meant that I spent about £15 on lunch. At least I have that £10 from the barrister to offset it.
    Total £7,000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Make sure you find time to "chill" between work too!

Good news the boyfriend has found a job closer, boo to having to borrow him money though.

Have a nice weekend x
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Make sure you find time to "chill" between work too!

Good news the boyfriend has found a job closer, boo to having to borrow him money though.

Have a nice weekend x

You too :happyhear
    Total £7,000
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

The sun's out and looking absolutely gorgeous today, so I'm going to try to have a frolic outside, but trying to catch up on life this weekend too since I've rather let things slip :mad:

The boyfriend has been making regular weekly appearances which is lovely, but I find that whenever he's here, I don't keep up with housework or planning during the week since I'd rather just spend the time with him. This means my weekends have been rather chocka. Must think of what to do about that.

Forgot that my little sister's prom is coming up at the end of the month and I'd promised to take care of her make up and shoes :eek: so that was £67.50 of not-properly-budgeted-for spending yesterday :(

I have also agreed with my parents and older sister that we will each chip in £200 for a new laptop for her birthday, since she will be going into 6th form. She's currently still using her old battered laptop that she's had for 5 years now. In contrast, I'm terrible at looking after my electronic goods and have been through 4 (four) (yes, four) laptops in that time :rotfl: In my defence, the 3rd one was faulty and the company I bought it from admitted that and gave me my current 4th one for free.

On another note, I have been furniture (window) shopping for my not-too-distant-future move. I'm torn between wanting to get cheaper items and wanting to get good quality, more expensive items that last. I will be living there for at least 2-3 years so not a huge amount of time, but will probably leave my furniture there when I move out. It's my sister's flat so I wouldn't begrudge leaving nice furniture for her since she is charging me a hugely, hugely subsidised rent for where she is. But for the pieces I'm looking at, I'd be looking at spending £1k to fully furnish and maybe something for the kitchen. Something to think about, but I have a bit more breathing room now because the contractors have said the flat won't be ready until mid-end September rather than the initial completion date of end of June, as I predicted :rotfl:.

To Do Today
    • Plan my lunch for this week
    • Take a walk to a supermarket, either Sainsbury's or possibly Waitrose for the reduced items today, to make use of the glorious sunshine
    • General housework including changing sheets, hoovering, 15 minute quick clean of the bathroom
    • 3 hours of work that I brought home with me so that I'm not so swamped at work next week
    • Make lunch for tomorrow, probably salad (and DON'T forget it!!)
    • Continue to plan the boyfriend's life out for him by making a study timetable to make sure he's prepared for his next exam. :o
    Total £7,000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I'd go for furniture in the middle ;) best compromise :p
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Bit different because we're not intending to move, but we've gone for a mixture of cheap furniture (mainly ikea) and the odd expensive piece (lovely quality John Lewis sofa, some vintage gplan tables on eB@y). The aim is to replace some of the cheap stuff for better quality/more appropriate for the space stuff over time, but the cheap stuff will last for a few years yet. Most of it moved with us 18 months ago.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure