IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How long to set aside a CCJ

Options

Comments

• cardiff69
    Options
    2years ago I receive a parking fine from parking management ,my car is registered disabled although the badge had blown down due to horrendous weather conditions which I had not noticed due to my child running from the car. I appealed the fine and never got a response, now I have a CCJ and a debt company hounding me for money I was not informed of any court proceedings or any outcome until this letter arrived. I do not know what court issued the CCJ and no one will tell me. what can I do please help im grieving the loss of my father plus severe ill health mentally and physically.

thank you.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You really need to start your own thread. Giving advice to multiple people in one thread creates confusion and you need clarity.
  • CCJissue
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've read so many different posts and can't work out what I've done wrong or differently.

I set aside the ccj etc and went to court like everyone else. I won the initial hearing, and was told assuming there no appeal, I'd be refunded the monies. CEL were set a date to respond by, and didn't respond at all (nor did they turn up initially). Today after chasing it up, I've been told the matters closed, ccj removed but no refund. If I'm not happy with this they want me to raise another n244 form and another 255 to complain... What can I do as that's bonkers!

Thanks in advanced
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I won the initial hearing, and was told assuming there no appeal, I'd be refunded the monies.
    Were you told that in open court by the set aside Judge? He/she didn't mean the court would refund it, in case you misunderstood. The court undertook and completed the service paid for and the court are not going to refund the fee (unless you are eligible to apply for help with fees on income grounds but that's a separate issue).

If it was said in court that the £255 would be refunded, he/she meant he was holding that the claimant would be liable for your costs.

Was that reflected in the Court Order Directions confirm that the CCJ be set aside (e.g. and 'unless the Claimant serves a copy of the claim to the D within x time, the claim shall be struck out and the Claimant must pay the D's court fee of £255...').

Or not?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • CCJissue
    Options
    It was not... So because she said it but didn't write it down I might be screwed
    ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Why has this drifted across to this thread when there is already one on the first page and having inputs?

CCJissue - please keep this on your own thread to avoid confusion and duplication.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    CCJissue wrote: »
    It was not... So because she said it but didn't write it down I might be screwed
    ?

Not necessarily.

Where did I say that you were screwed, in my very simple advice about how to word your letter? I didn't, and I said what to say to remind her...
  • Anagy31482
    Options
    What are the chances of getting a ccj set aside that I believe was stature barred when they got the got the judgement from the courts
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Was the claim not filed within 6 years then?

I would think the chances are very high but what's your reason for not defending? If it's because the scammers used an old address, then we see these set aside all the time, week in week out, without a squeak from Judges.
  • Anagy31482
    Options
    No the claim was filed recently at my address in my partners name. We split up a while back and she was staying with her parents. I had a stack of letters in her name that she never received.

The debt is from 13 years ago and she has never made a payment or acknowledged the debt in the last 10 years ago

Kind regards Adam
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure