Halifax Let Me Down

Options
13»

Comments

• doire_2
    doire_2 Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got sorted with a Monzo card lastnight. Told the customer service team my problem and luckily with her being from Ireland too she said she would send it out next day delivery. Should be here tomorrow as Ive topped it up with £100
    Thanks
  • DownTime
    DownTime Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Now just to avoid the ATMs that attempt to gouge you with their withdrawal fees.
    US$1.50 down to nothing should be your target.
  • simongregson
    simongregson Posts: 875 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the monzo card does not arrive just use your nationwide debit cards. The fees are relatively inexpensive compared with most cards, 2% and also £1 for every cash withdrawal. Most other cards are 3%/£3. Monzo beats this but even with your existing cards you are looking at about £15 for your expected spend, so enjoy the holiday!
  • DownTime
    DownTime Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    If the monzo card does not arrive just use your nationwide debit cards. The fees are relatively inexpensive compared with most cards, 2% and also £1 for every cash withdrawal. Most other cards are 3%/£3. Monzo beats this but even with your existing cards you are looking at about £15 for your expected spend, so enjoy the holiday!

Already covered in post #20.
    It's not that long a thread ;)
  • doire_2
    doire_2 Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Card arrived today (special delivery). I will take my debit card as backup. Thanks
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    doire wrote: »
    Card arrived today (special delivery).
    They used to dispatch the card immediately when £100 was loaded, mine arrived the following day. Is it different now, request for 'special delivery' needed..?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    doire wrote: »
    Got sorted with a Monzo card lastnight. Told the customer service team my problem and luckily with her being from Ireland too she said she would send it out next day delivery. Should be here tomorrow as Ive topped it up with £100
    Thanks

Two things to be aware of with the Monzo card.

1. Extremely important - Make sure your id has been verified with Monzo to ensure your account has higher usage limits. This includes loading of funds. Until this is done you can only load up £400 per day / £800 per month.

2. Very important - you are limited to atm usage with the Monzo card

Read section 17 of the link below

https://monzo.com/terms/#the-card

Basically you are limited to atm limits of £250 per day / £1000 per month / £3000 per annum or currency equivalent.

So whenever possible you should pay for goods / services with the card and not cash withdrawn via it from an atm

If your identity hasn't been verified then the above limits are much lower (basically £300 per month)

I've got a Monzo card and it is great but you must read the usage limits mentioned above. They don't make any money out of atm usage (hence the limitations).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure