Postage issues.

Options
13»

Comments

• SunnyMorningDays
    Options
    Literally the only thing that says dispatch on the whole page (including the postage tab) is: "* You’ll see an estimated delivery date based on the seller’s dispatch time and delivery service. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods and will depend on when your payment clears."

I've done a search and asked another member of the family to read the page. I can't find anything.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had a look. The postage and payments section lists click and collect and where they will post to (which countries). Nothing about the time it will take to dispatch.

It then goes on to explain that PayPal is preferred and whatnot but nothing else really.

Okay,on todays listing.
    How long dies it say for estimated delivery if you bought with the same service today?
  • SunnyMorningDays
    Options
    It's difficult because it's the drop down option (as in, there are more than a few colours and sizes) and my specific option has sold out. The closest available states that the item should be delivered by Tuesday.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's difficult because it's the drop down option (as in, there are more than a few colours and sizes) and my specific option has sold out. The closest available states that the item should be delivered by Tuesday.

If you were buying Friday? So same day despatch.
  • SunnyMorningDays
    Options
    So, in case anyone was keeping up with all of this - I have what I think is the item in question. I haven't opened it yet because I had to rush out and it's a gift. I'll check the condition of the item when I get in.

Getting it was a different matter however. I know I'm probably making it fairly obvious who I am now if the company reads this, but the item went through two attempted deliveries this morning before being rejected!

Thankfully I suspected something had happened, so I asked my postman for help when he delivered my other mail. He called the other guy who normally delivers to our area and we found it eventually. It had been "attempted to deliver" at two wrong addresses in my general area before they realised (say the original address they tried to deliver to was 2, they then tried 20 in case someone had missed a zero) and after that failed the postman decided to return it back to the sorting office for return to sender.

The address is completely correct apart from the house number. I checked both eBay and PayPal and they both have my correct address. I know it's probably an admin error but the gentleman on the phone read out my correct address to me the other day, so it's not even like their system isn't correct.

I'm still on the fence about giving them negative feedback. Will have to see what the condition of them item is like.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So, in case anyone was keeping up with all of this - I have what I think is the item in question. I haven't opened it yet because I had to rush out and it's a gift. I'll check the condition of the item when I get in.

Getting it was a different matter however. I know I'm probably making it fairly obvious who I am now if the company reads this, but the item went through two attempted deliveries this morning before being rejected!

Thankfully I suspected something had happened, so I asked my postman for help when he delivered my other mail. He called the other guy who normally delivers to our area and we found it eventually. It had been "attempted to deliver" at two wrong addresses in my general area before they realised (say the original address they tried to deliver to was 2, they then tried 20 in case someone had missed a zero) and after that failed the postman decided to return it back to the sorting office for return to sender.

The address is completely correct apart from the house number. I checked both eBay and PayPal and they both have my correct address. I know it's probably an admin error but the gentleman on the phone read out my correct address to me the other day, so it's not even like their system isn't correct.

I'm still on the fence about giving them negative feedback. Will have to see what the condition of them item is like.

Don't you think you might be making rather a meal of this? The company isn't going to be reading this forum on MSE and then trying to work out who is writing the thread - and even if they did, so what?

Contact them and say the address they used was incorrect, you are miffed that you paid for a delivery service you didn't receive and would they consider refunding postage.

Leave honest feedback when you've given them a chance to do so.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The item was unquestionably late given what you've said, and there was an issue with the address too, that in my mind is enough to mark them down for it.

Leave them a polite but factual negative.

If you really don't feel strongly enough either way, just do nothing, you're not obliged to leave feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure