At what speed do you get a speeding ticket on the M25?

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!

Took me over 3 hours to do a 1 hour journey on there recently.

They call it the biggest car park in the SE for a good reason!

The Heathrow section is usually tail to tail. I go through it fairly regularly. It crawls along so slowly I turn off the stop/start function as it becomes a nuisance rather than a help.

Building another runway there will be madness, the area can't cope now so what it will be like with even more than traffic I hate to think.
  • kmb500
    kmb500 Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!

Took me over 3 hours to do a 1 hour journey on there recently.

They call it the biggest car park in the SE for a good reason!
    I regularly use the M25, for a section that's about 45 miles, and never had to drive slower than 70 due to traffic congestion. I'm usually driving after 6pm though on a weekday so not in rush hour I guess.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    I try to avoid the M25, but had to drive on it last August on a Sunday (not the Bank Holiday weekend). It took me an hour and three quarters to drive nine miles. I hate the bloody road with a passion.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • paddyandstumpy
    paddyandstumpy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Options
    I thought Palgrave/Literzo/km500 had PPR?
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    The Heathrow section is usually tail to tail.
    So someone's going the wrong way then!:rotfl:
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    I thought Palgrave/Literzo/km500 had PPR?

Palgrave and Liltzero do. The join date of kmb500 is August 2015, so I'm not convinced they are DM. I don't think DM is quite that organised to have many many AE ready set up.

The join dates of Liltzero and Palgrave were Dec 16 and March 17 respectively.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    I try to avoid the M25, but had to drive on it last August on a Sunday (not the Bank Holiday weekend). It took me an hour and three quarters to drive nine miles. I hate the bloody road with a passion.
    The M25's problem is that it's too successful.

Just think about what would happen if it wasn't there. Let's say it was closed for the entire length for a day...
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »

Just think about what would happen if it wasn't there. Let's say it was closed for the entire length for a day...

Yes, it never used to be like that.

Even with the extra lane it is getting worse.
  • JP08
    JP08 Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »

I used to say the same thing about the London Underground (back when I cared) when people were moaning about the cost / crowding / unreliability / speed. Tell them that they could always take the alternatives. Normally would get a list of reasons why driving / walking / cycling / taking the bus wouldn't work for them - to which the response was "So you're using the best / most cost effective method then ? What are you moaning about ?"

Never went down well. :D
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    The Heathrow section is usually tail to tail. I go through it fairly regularly. It crawls along so slowly I turn off the stop/start function as it becomes a nuisance rather than a help.

Building another runway there will be madness, the area can't cope now so what it will be like with even more than traffic I hate to think.

I agree.

No joined up thinking sometimes from the powers that be.

Our local plan has thousands of new houses proposed but the infrastructure will just not be able to cope.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure