What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 15 May

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, glad you had a good weekend, DNMS, which festival was it?

I awoke a little earlier than usual on account of taking a nap yesterday so popped into the local shop to buy something cheap for lunch (I missed YS time last night.) Dinner tonight will probably be Thai inspired fishcakes and I'll try to pick up some YS salad to go with them.

Must remember to take turkey strips out of the freezer tonight ready to go in the slow cooker in the morning to avoid any pizza temptations tomorrow night.

I'm getting a bit confuzzled with my WBB/Zapper/Ziffit packages and think I've sold the same thing twice, need to check tonight where is the best place to send it while still being over the threshold on the other.

I need to check my bank account, my train ticket runs out this week and I'd like to pay for a couple of day/weekly tickets until payday rather than put another monthly on my CC.

More sorting to be done, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone, damp and raining here today.

Well I went into the office this morning but not much was going and not many people in so I decided to come home and WFH for the rest of the day. On the way home I passed by Tesco's and was tempted to pick up a sandwich but I didn't! Instead I came home and reheated some of last night left over dinner. I did however spend around £9 on eggs, chicken, yogurt and other bits.

Just been checking out my eBay sales and rather annoyed that one of my sales was bought by someone in Norway! I had stated no International shipping. So now I've had to cancel the transaction and will have to wait until they respond or 7 days pass. :mad:

Not much going on for the rest of the day:

- Check bank balance
    - Complete any surveys
    - Keep an eye on sales that end tonight on my eBay items
    - Check free postcode lottery

Enjoy the rest of your day :)
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 May 2017 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

WFH has been a bit of a write off today :o Not really had my head in the game... I am almost through my washing though and saved some cash with no dog care, no travel, lunch from the freezer, no shopping on lunch... :o

In good news, OH's temp contract has been extended for another month and did I tell you he's got an interview for the permanent job he went for? Crossing my little fingers and toes...

Rain means I don't need to water the veggies tonight. :T

I'm reading a good free ebook so I'll waste some time with that this evening.

Then some meditation too.

Have a good evening everyone!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Monday Supersavers,
    Incessant rain has stopped me doing all the garden jobs I'd planned, but managed a useful morning in the greenhouse. Today's money saving efforts:
    *Laundry done overnight on cheap tariff. Too wet to peg out, so have put on heated airer, but won't switch it on till bedtime to make best use of cheap tariff. Ditto with setting timer for another cheap overnight load in the washer.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Potted on courgette plants. Way too chilly outside still, & they were too big for their pots.
    *3 guatemalan blue squashes germinated (yay!), also cabbages & the first teeny tiny sweetcorn just poking through.
    *Planted 6 tomato plants out into greenhouse border. Also my spare back-up aubergine.
    *Watered & fed chillies & cucumbers.....lots of little fruits appearing on the cucumber plants.
    *Planted out baby basil plants.....one big pot & the rest in the greenhouse border in front of the tomatoes. Thinnings will be frozen for next time I make a pasta dish.
    *Did rubber chicken. Roast dinner no. 2 tonight, stir-fry tomorrow night & sufficient also to make rissoles or something & some stew. Carcass in slow cooker for stock.
    *Did a couple of surveys & 4 prize draws.
    *Entered a competition.
    *Nearly finished socks for Presents Box. Will defo be finished tonight. I want to cast on a frilly edge for my next pair, to put in Presents Box for my friend's Christmas 'goody bag'. I think I have a pattern somewhere, if not, will just experiment until it looks right.
    *Did mid-month budget check-in. Grocery budget overspent due to a number of factors.....front-loading it too heavily for the 1st shop of the month, using Sainsbury's instead of Aldi last weekend, generally being a little low on store cupboard stash items & also, food prices increasing. I've via-d some more money into it for final shop of the month which will be this coming Saturday. Bank account not quite as low as I had calculated it to be, which is nice (if it's accurate) but also weird, as I double-checked everything rigorously when I set May's budget. However, I can't see any glaring errors, so fingers crossed it's all accurate now. Will check into online banking every couple of days to check nothing untoward rears its head.
    *Start jotting down any good ideas I might happen to have about next week's meal plans, given that I don't want to go any more over budget now that I've already allowed for the overspend.
    Wishing everyone a good week. Difficult week here, so I'm concentrating on keeping those things going where I actually have some influence.
    Love to all,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all :wave: :coffee:
    Well. Today at work started with me booting a child out of class less than 5 minutes into the lesson, and ended with another child walking out of her detention. Naff behaviour at school at the moment and I definitely can't be bothered with it on top of everything else that's going on at work and home. I went to have a moan at the Head and he was his usual lovely self about it all. We are all shattered with the run into exams along with Ofsted and I have the home stuff getting me down as well. Good news is that dh seems a lot better today than he was over the weekend.
    Money wise I've bagged 2 nsd's now so I'm hopefully managing to get back on track there a little bit. Plus I now have more wool stashed than I can physically use so I don't need to be buying more any time soon and everyone and their next door neighbour will be getting a home made gift this year for Christmas :p
    Hope everyone else is doing ok - I'm trying really hard to stay up to date with everything but it's a bit of a struggle because I just seem to have no time spare at the moment.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    * Listed old Broadband router-thinga-me-gig on eBay. Sold! :dance:

* Went out for a budget-ed for Tapas lunch. Took a sealable plastic bag in my handbag for leftovers. ;)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What are leftovers? :rotfl:

The Thai fishcakes were cooked and eaten with some 20p potatoes with chorizo. This is the third time I've bought these YS potatoes and both other times I've burned them, this time I didn't but they still weren't very nice, next time I'll save my 20p! The fishcakes were lovely, they've been loitering in the freezer for ages.

I made a special trip to get some boxes to organise my WBB etc stuff. I have labelled them and as I scan I will put them into a box according to who is offering the most. Is it sad that it made me really happy that all the boxes are all exactly the same size? :o

I've helped DS apply for a job tonight and I've resized his CV as he'd tried to register with a couple of agencies but the file size was too large (because of course I had to design his CV in InDesign for him :rotfl: I'm such an overachiever :o )

I just need to wrap up a package and then it's bed time for e. Night all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2017 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Morning :) Last night we finally sat down and worked out what came from where (financially) over the holiday & the festival. Ouch! The festival was a last minute thing we agreed to do as my friend is having a hard time of life and needed an outlet. It was great fun - and things like this remind me of why oh & I got together when the humdrum of life can make you forget! - but it was £200 I hadn't saved/accounted for on the back of a holiday :eek: FVD it was the funk & soul weekender at Camber Sands. So bad to the cutting back drawing board!

So with the small things!

*[STRIKE] hang out load of washing & do another[/STRIKE]
    * write a very small shopping list - fruit, milk, packed lunch bits and that's it!
    * madam has ballet today. Need to pay the subs....
    *[STRIKE] call coop bank and find out why I haven't been getting the rewards...[/STRIKE]
    * Maybe nip to town before ballet and change euros back
    * post ebay sale
    * all meals from stores
    [STRIKE]* have done a job search[/STRIKE]
    * hopefully my friend is popping in for a coffee after work
    * trying to find the motivation to go to the lottie for an hour before oh goes to work
    * bake some cakes with madam
    * look into vodafone contract. Think it's up for renewal
    * call bff tonight
    * email someone organising volunteering we're doing. Time is ticking & we need the session before we can get cracking!
    * feed worms & water plants
    sow some basil, coriander & lettuce
    * chop up & freeze aging ginger

Ok too much to do! As well as that planning to take madam to the park and possibly the library as well as the usual playing sessions so we'll see how I get on!

Hope you all have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Frugalistas,
    On today's list:
    *NSD
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water
    *Rubber chicken day 3 for tonight's stir-fry.
    *Knit a bit more of friend's socks to see if frilly edge has worked. If not, will frog it & re-knit.
    *Water greenhouse veggies.
    *Start hardening off french beans.
    *Plant out beetroot & cover with mini polytunnel as the sparrows & pigeons like eating them.
    *Start planting up front garden border (have removed triffid shrubs) with free plants which I've divided, been gifted or grown from free seeds.
    *See if I can eek out compost sufficiently also to plant up 2 tubs for the front.
    *Start hardening off hanging baskets, planted up last week at a cost of now't.
    *Make last bit of rubber chicken into rissoles. Will stick them on next week's meal plan with jacket wedges & a poached egg.
    *Free fitness will be gardening based but need to get my stepcount up today. Sedentary day yesterday & fitbit said my calorie burn was just under 1800 cals. It needs to be 2000 to ensure a big enough deficit to keep the weight loss going (I can only lose weight by calorie counting) so even though I've no walk planned for today, I need to be shifting my backside!
    *Forgot to hoover lounge on my last cleaning day (due to cat) so that'll be a tiny bit more free exercise.
    *Two nice strong meat trays to take to shed as they will make excellent seed trays.
    Ok, best get moving.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :hello:

Well today DS has an external GCSE exam that he's taking. I think I feel more nervous than he does! So I've got to pick him up from school, bring him home and feed him before heading off to the exam centre. I need to wait an hour for him to finish before coming home. There is a Tesco nearby so I'll pop in there and pick up some essentials. Therefore today's list looks like this:

- Pop into Tesco's and buy items on the list only
    - Check banking
    - Check eBay sales
    - Complete surveys and FPL
    - Make a meal plan for the rest of the week and I haven't been very organised this week
    - Change bedsheets and get them in the wash and hang outside to dry

That's it for now, have a great day! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family