Parcel left in porch - considered delivered?

Options

Comments

• Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you can, ask your seller to dispute the delivery. We do this as a matter of course for those that do and refund where it is proven. It all depends on how good your seller is. Suffice it to say it is the difference between a good one and a bad one.

Ok cheers I'll try on Monday what they say. The impression I get they want to wash their hands of it, but we will see!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nesty wrote: »
    Ok cheers I'll try on Monday what they say. The impression I get they want to wash their hands of it, but we will see!

Hopefully they won't, they have little to lose and a lot of credibility to gain, but some sellers don't care.

Ask them if they will help you dispute the delivery. Explain that you know they have done all they can but the courier has messed up and the courier company need the seller to dispute the delivery as they have the contract with them.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Don't wait until Monday, seller needs to know there is an issue now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    If it says left in porch and you don't have a porch then that casts doubt on the delivery. I would attach a photo of the front of my house and ask where the porch is!!
  • knmnhsun
    knmnhsun Posts: 418 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i would open a dispute through ebay they will get your money back if you havent received it send a photo showing you have no porch, then the seller has to claim the money back of the postal company, ive had this done to me when the person said they hadnt received there item
  • Nesty
    Options
    Hi
    I have opened a not received case.
    I was going to post a photo of the front of my house (though it's not proveable via google earth, private road), so can't post up a mirroring photo of proving anmy photo is my house!

I'll have to wait and see what the seller says Monday now. The courier might of remembered where he had taken it to?
    Though if it's local to me, then generally people are ok around here. I would of thought there was some tracking info inside the parcel.
    It got delivered to a property last Tuesday, so could be that person is away on hoilday. Or they decided they wanted a nice chair for summer!
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really you should have tried to communicate with the seller through messages. If tracking shows it as delivered then you will lose a case. It may also annoy the seller that you have opened a case. You really need the seller on side to dispute the delivery for you.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    I have opened a not received case.
    I was going to post a photo of the front of my house (though it's not proveable via google earth, private road), so can't post up a mirroring photo of proving anmy photo is my house!

I'll have to wait and see what the seller says Monday now. The courier might of remembered where he had taken it to?
    Though if it's local to me, then generally people are ok around here. I would of thought there was some tracking info inside the parcel.
    It got delivered to a property last Tuesday, so could be that person is away on hoilday. Or they decided they wanted a nice chair for summer!

You are very unlikely to win an INR as seller only requires online proof of delivery. I do understand how frustrating this is for you but a photo of a random door with or without a porch is not proof of anything, ebay may be intrusive but they do not keep details on file of what our houses look like, and they have no staff to review these claims, it is a simple online proof is sufficient.

I agree with mrcol1000, the case is unlikely to help at all , seller has no reason at all to help you now and you may have shot yourself in the foot.

Most sellers are reasonable, email them and tell them there is an issue and they will almost certainly help, I know I would do, and in fact I have done so recently.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It wasn't great advice to open a dispute. You should have taken the advice of the more experienced posters who advised you need to keep the seller on side and raise a claim with the courier firm.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Nesty
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    They are a power seller and I've gone through he neg's more now and one person says the same. Delivered to the wrong address, another says the seller gave fake tracking number.
    I expect to see some negs on a power seller due tothe amount of sales they do but in generally the feedback rating was high.
    Though be interesting to see if the item tracking they load up is actually real. So far no tracking has been offically loaded up on the order. The seller only giving me a copy & paste transcription via message without saying the who was delivering
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure