Parcel left in porch - considered delivered?

Options
Nesty
Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I'm the buyer this time! (Though as a seller never had this situation, so not sure of the answer).

I ordered this camping fold down chair on EBAY, as wanted for going away on Tuesday.

It had a target date of wed 10th or Thurs11th. Hadn't come today and got in contact with the seller. He copy and pasted me this tracking data though I don't know what delivery service used. The data has some numbers. Though it says left securely in porch.

I don't have a porch nor do any neighbours. I've asked the seller for more information, but is now closed for the weekend.

Though it says warrington sorter1 in the tracking. I wonder if this is Hermes?

What does EBAY class as delivered? signature?

Comments

• Nesty
    Options
    Just done a bit more investigation. Looks like it's come into the UK from a courier 13ten.

Another overseas seller posing as UK based supplier, by the looks of it.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    This happened to my son, "left in garage" - he doesn't have one!

Long story short, it had been delivered to the wrong address and was found three weeks later when the occupant of that address returned from Australia!
  • Nesty
    Options
    This happened to my son, "left in garage" - he doesn't have one!

Long story short, it had been delivered to the wrong address and was found three weeks later when the occupant of that address returned from Australia!

What I am wondering the person who actually received it is away!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sadly you need to get the seller to dispute delivery, I say sadly, because some sellers don't think it's their issue.

Hopefully you get it sorted, if you don't then at least try and pick a better seller in future....
  • Nesty
    Options
    It all depend on what service they used. Royal mail is very good around here and the Hermes bloke is ok. I reckon the seller labeled the item up wrong!
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On a side note, have the DPD app on my phone as a couple of my suppliers use DPD. You can nominate to have the parcel left in a safe place. If you do this then on the app you can see a photo the courier took of the parcel delivered in your safe place.

With technology today you have to wonder why all couriers don't do this. Even if the photo was only used when there was dispute.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Back to your original question, eBay and paypal only require proof of delivery, there is no requirement for signature at a low value (less than £750).
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Options
    Never had a problem with DPD until last weekend. Advised item due Saturday but never arrived. Contacted DPD Monday via web chat and told to contact supplier, Amazon, as not scanned within last 24 hours. Amazon were first class and sent out new item which was delivered next day. Received email Tuesday from Amazon stating original returned by me, never received it in the first place.
  • Nesty
    Options
    Back to your original question, eBay and paypal only require proof of delivery, there is no requirement for signature at a low value (less than £750).

Looks like £25 down the drain then!
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    If you can, ask your seller to dispute the delivery. We do this as a matter of course for those that do and refund where it is proven. It all depends on how good your seller is. Suffice it to say it is the difference between a good one and a bad one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure