When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally hit payout on yougov :T :j

I'm not sure what to do with my other sites? Cashout now as I've hit the minimum payout or leave it to build up? What do others do?

Well done on Yougov payout:beer:

When I remember I cash out as soon as I reach minimum pay out. I worry about survey firms going bust and people losing their money.
    I think it was a site like Swagbucks which went without a trace one day and people lost lots of money as they had been waiting to cash out at £50 (the vouchers you could claim at £50 cost less percentagewise than say £20 voucher)

If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet I wouldn't recommend it although loads of people do it - when I did it they often wouldn't credit you for surveys and some of their offers didn't credit.

I like to just stick with the survey sites I know and only use Swagbucks if desperate (maybe once a year!!)
  • Silver_Queen
    Options

When I remember I cash out as soon as I reach minimum pay out. I worry about survey firms going bust and people losing their money.
    I think it was a site like Swagbucks which went without a trace one day and people lost lots of money as they had been waiting to cash out at £50 (the vouchers you could claim at £50 cost less percentagewise than say £20 voucher)

If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet I wouldn't recommend it although loads of people do it - when I did it they often wouldn't credit you for surveys and some of their offers didn't credit.

I like to just stick with the survey sites I know and only use Swagbucks if desperate (maybe once a year!!)

Agreed. I hate swagbucks. I have to constantly chase them for payout and the points to cash conversion rate is measly.
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options

Agreed. I hate swagbucks. I have to constantly chase them for payout and the points to cash conversion rate is measly.

Thank you both, maybe I'll cashout now then and just keep track of what I've cashed out.

Swagbucks I go back and forth too, When I could use a computer I didn't mind it, but on my phone it doesn't seem to like it!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Not a NSD

£10 in Mr M taking advantage of a £10 meat offer. I didn't actually go, my sister arrived at my door at 10.30 stating she'd been and picked hers up when mum asked to get her one, so she picked me one up too :rotfl: So means I'm over on the grocery budget :( Although everyone else is happy that sunday roast is now beef not chicken :rotfl:

Will portion and freeze the rest of the meats up too.

Need to get the £6.25 out for school lunch money.

School shoes/plimsoles £26 :o all things I need to make a budget for :o

So no PADS this week for now as its squeeky tight.
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am finding that my budget is getting categories added all the time, things crop up which I completely forgot about and then I have to add it in as a monthly amount. I am only just beginning to realise why I never had extra money left over at the end of the month. :o

Enjoy the roast, that sounds fab, we just have boring chicken!

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww how kind of your sister to think of you. At least thats next weeks meat sorted xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Just thinking if you can squeeze an extra meal out of the beef, hot beef baguettes is a good one xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Just thinking if you can squeeze an extra meal out of the beef, hot beef baguettes is a good one xx

You must be able to read my mind :rotfl:

I was wondering what to do with the "leftovers" :rotfl:
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Its one of my specialities HI :rotfl:
    2 baguettes for 45p in Mr Al's too, can't go wrong :D

I usually freeze our leftover beef in a bit of gravy xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello Hidden! I've finally caught up with your diary.

I'm sat here pondering on a meal plan and was stuck for what to do with leftover beef after a roast.. So thanks to mummytogirls for mentioning hot beef baguettes/barms. That's added to the weeks after meal plans :D.

You're doing so well Hidden with everything. It's especially hard when unexpected outgoings crop up and even harder to budget for when you already have to watch the pennies.

Hope you've had a lovely day. What was the Mr Ms meat offer? Not that I need to get any meat after sorting out my freezers today :rotfl:
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts