Investment Company says delay in payment

Options

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    If they dont know who the agent is, as often on the scams it is hidden, they can ask Liberty who is the agent/adviser for the pension.

Wont they have had to go through the adviser to get set up with Liberty? From a quick look at their website its a SIPP aimed at IFAs putting their clients into it?

Could the adviser have been Gravity itself, eg one arm of the company advising people to to invest in the other?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wont they have had to go through the adviser to get set up with Liberty? From a quick look at their website its a SIPP aimed at IFAs putting their clients into it?

I was rather surprised that a couple of people with (apparently) modest means had opened full SIPPS and chosen ( or been advised to choose) a high risk investment.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Chambers78 wrote: »
    The womans name at GCC is Nicola Fairweather and Kirsty Green at Liberty. She has email trails from both of them

Nicola Fairweather would seem to be Secretary of GCC, the only director, and the only shareholder. Very reassuring to get the top person looking after your in-law's affairs.
  • Chambers78
    Chambers78 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    They inherited money about 7 years ago. Previous to this one was factory worker the other waitress ( so not high income jobs). Lived in bilet. Ederly parents on both sides died within few years of each other. Not sure of inheritence amount but enough to move to another bilet in coastal town. Both retired. 1 lot of money they invested the rest i think went into smaller investments or they lived off. I know they invested this money as they told us it was tied in for 5 years. So yrs they have moderate income and very little experience in investing
  • AnotherJoe
    edited 5 May 2017 at 7:49AM
    Options
    On the upside at least they got a fair chunk of their money back in interest, plenty of others have lost it all in similar ultra high risk schemes.

And who knows, more money may be forthcoming, but pretty obviously people like this should never have been advised to put any money into a scheme like this, let alone all of it.
  • AlanP_2
    AlanP_2 Posts: 3,256 Forumite
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    On the upside at least they got a fair chunk of their money back in interest, plenty of others have lost it all in similar ultra high risk schemes.

And who knows, more money may be forthcoming, but pretty obviously people like this should never have been advised to put any money into a scheme like this, let alone all of it.

I don't think it has paid out anything yet Joe looking at the statement as the value at Jan 2017 is the Capital + Accrued Interest.

Good luck sorting it out with them OP and I hope it all works out in the end.
  • AnotherJoe
    Options
    I hope you are wrong but I suppose it could be that bad!
    I am reading that the money for 2013/4/5/6 has actually been paid out into the pension but re-reading, it is ambiguous.
  • Chambers78
    Options
    No definitely no payout on this as yet and now mother in law has tried emailing liberty at the email address and it just gets rejected. I tried as a test (incase it is just MIL) and it is rejected again.
  • Chambers78
    Options
    And looking at linkedin it doesn't even look like she works at Liberty Sipp - looks like she works at Taylor Patterson now
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,484 Forumite
    Options
    No definitely no payout on this as yet and now mother in law has tried emailing liberty at the email address and it just gets rejected. I tried as a test (incase it is just MIL) and it is rejected again.
    https://www.libertypensions.com/

There seems to be a secure client portal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure