My boiler is making boiling noise

Options
Pattibrzezinska
Pattibrzezinska Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi there im having some trouble with my boiler and need some advice. I have an Ideal Logic combi 35 boiler and it's about three years old. Since the beginning of this year it has been playing up. First it started off by shutting off and then flashing an F2 error. I called liberty gas who came out and told me that my condensate pipe was probably blocked up but as the pipe was located in the wall behind my kitchen tiles there was no other choice but to create another one that would run on the outside. After they had done the work it resolved the F2 error however it still continued to make what I can only describe as boiling noise every time I use hot water. I called liberty gas a numerous amount of times throughout these months and each time they come out check the boiler and tell me there is nothing wrong with it and that the boiling noise is normal. Is there anyone out there that could shed some light on why a three year old boiler which according to liberty gas is working perfectly making boiling noises. Also on the odd occasion the water gets really really hot even though I have adjusted the temperature to a low setting, Please help thank you.

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I called liberty gas who came out and told me that my condensate pipe was probably blocked up but as the pipe was located in the wall behind my kitchen tiles there was no other choice but to create another one that would run on the outside. [My bold]

This in itself sounds a bit odd to me. Either the pipe was blocked or it wasn't. Before carrying out work to install a new pipe they should have done some testing to confirm whether there was a blockage or not. If there was no blockage to start with then the boiler fault would obviously be caused by something else (which remains unrepaired) and the additional pipe installation work would be unnecessary.

Did they do any testing other than reading the boiler fault code, and did they leave you with a test report of any kind? Also, did you have to pay for the new condensate drain to be installed?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Pattibrzezinska
    Options
    Hi there thank you for your reply. The engineer from liberty gas took the case of the boiler and whilst inspecting the inside he found that water was not draining. I did mention to the engineer that along with the F2 error code and the fact that when it ignited it made a really strange noise like a car exhaust would there was this boiling noise too coming from inside the boiler. They chose to create a new condensate pipe which sort of fixed the problem but not entirely. The annoying thing is that every time they come out the boiler doesn't make the noise and so they proceed to take the cover off glance inside turn the taps on and off and then they tell me everything is fine. The last engineer that came out said the noise wasn't anything to worry about and I would have believed them if it weren't for the fact that the boiler had not been making that noise when I moved in so why is doing that now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure