Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    -1/2LB for me this morning.
    Slowly getting down target range so I'm pretty pleased.
    Today's menu
    He a milk
    He b hifi bars
    B hifi's in class,
    L LO chicken fajita filling with shredded iceberg, carrot and toms (maybe some dressing 3)
    D Sw chips and eggs, strawberries, meringue nest (2) total yog (3)
    Evening large G&T as I deserve one this week!! (6-9)
    A little bit over on syns if I have it all but it will even out over the week :j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Made the crustless quiche in a Pyrex last night instead of a tin, without the red onion and it was much better!

That's good. I used my Pyrex dish too. Just copied tweets pic.:D I think I'll make another this weekend.

Sorry you got a STS tete. Better luck next week. I don't blame you having your favourite tin of sausages for lunch but you'll need an awful lot of Speed in your Bolognese to make it a third of a day's food.:naughty: I rarely have Speed with breakfast but make it up the rest of the day. Ideally you'd have had fruit with your porage but too late now. What about snacking on some fruit? It's easy to hoover up a punnet of raspberries I find.

I have to do my meal plan and shop before we can have anything vaguely SW friendly for today's dinner. Will post later when it's done.:)

ETA: Well done midge.:T
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

B - Porridge - something hearty as I'm off to donate blood. How much does a pint of blood weigh again?

Because it is Friday,and I have finished work for the day,and I am nosey,I had a google.If you donate 450 ml (NHS website says that 470ml is taken),you will have lost 468g.AND ,your body burn up 650 calories replacing every unit of blood you donate,so it's all good :D.
    I thought I saw that the 468g is replaced quite quickly,but I can't find the site now,so I guess it is a very small window you have to weigh yourself for optimum results :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A -2LB LOSS for me today so pleased with that and got my half stone certificate. So far, its going in the right direction which is good to see. Well done to all the losers this week, and hugs to those that may need them. Hugs are fewer calories than chocolate so fill up on them .
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - another crazy day today, so this is the first chance I've had to post. I wouldn't mind if we were busy with customers but we've hardly taken any money :rotfl: DH offered to have a look at someone's mobility scooter (he used to be in the business) and while he was outside the owner was in the shop bending my ear. Then we had more visitors who are known to our customers so there was a lot of chatting!

Anyway, I'm happy to report a loss of 1lb :j
    shala_moo wrote: »
    We're just catching up with the programme about the All You Can eat buffet restaurants :eek: anyway watch it? The "professional" eaters make me feel a bit queasy _pale_ food up their faces and all over their t-shirts.

But it's quite interesting to hear how the restaurants still make their money, even when people think they're getting their money's worth.

I didn't see that but it sounds gross. I'm not a fan of all you can eat buffets, I'd rather choose a starter and main from a menu. I've been to one where they set a time limit of 90 minutes, I imagine so people don't stay all day stuffing their faces.
    LynnMac wrote: »
    Hi I was going to slimmming World last year and lost a bit, got a bit discouraged after may a week of maintaining. I am hoping to get back on the bandwagon and would appreciate any tips to help along the way. Thank you

Welcome to the thread LynnMac. I suggest you refresh your memory of the plan, read your books, and give it your best shot. The key to success is planning - do a meal plan, include plenty of speed food, write a shopping list and keep a food diary, even if it's only a small notebook. Feel free to join in the chat and ask any questions.
    Well, my husband picked me up the latest copy of the SW magazine last night... the new one is obviously not in the shops yet so I've got a repeat of last months! Never mind, I'm sure Morrisons will do a swap when it does come out. I was so looking forward to it!!

Will they take a magazine back? Just thinking it would be a great way to get new magazines for nothing, read it, then take it back when the new one comes out. Bit like a lending library... :rotfl:

Well done for donating your blood Tete. Unfortunately the weight lost is replaced as soon as you've had a drink.

Have a great weekend everyone (wine Syns :j).

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »

Lantanna and Canyapple - hugs to you both. I know I'll be preaching to the converted when I say you know the comfort eating will make you feel worse in the long run. I haven't got any advice but you have the support of everyone here so feel free to rant or off load.

Yep you're bang right Lois I think I've always turned to food to make me feel better but I'm trying to wean myself off it and change habits slowly. I bought some Soap & Glory goodies yesterday so I'm looking forward to a long soak with those later.
    tweets wrote: »
    Yes our Poppy her eyes light up when I get package from freezer :)

Aww my in-laws dog knows what her favourite treats packaging looks like as well :D Love seeing her eyes light up and her getting all excited

I'm feeling much better about things today. Although I didn't sleep well at all, had about 3 hours but weirdly enough I don't feel tired .. yet .. watch this space though the 3pm slump usually gets me! I'm trying to meal plan for next week and doing a Tesco shop this afternoon while trying to keep busy so I don't snack.

It's been a horribly long week, I'll be glad when it's over!

Hope the blood giving went well Tete - I used to be a regular donor but I had a letter a while back telling me I wouldn't be able to donate as regularly any more as I have quite a rare blood type and there's not much demand for it anymore. Quite gutted as I really enjoyed doing it.

Today's food:

B - porridge with banana & honey (2 syns) and 2 cups of coffee
    L - to be decided but probably some soup & rice cakes when I feel peckish
    T - fish cakes (6 syns) with SW chips, mushy peas and some steam fresh veg from freezer to get my speed quota up

Right back to my Tesco order, have a fab day everyone
    x
  • candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs are fewer calories than chocolate so fill up on them

Love this! :grouphug:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At last lois , a loss! I'm really pleased for you.
    You too always happy :T

I've sorted today's plan and will be off to Aldi in a moment.

Today's EE plan :
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, fried egg, baked beans, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli cottage cheese and pickles
    D: burgers, SW chips, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried onions
    Syns: BGTY Burger 1. weekend wine :D
  • rjhammond91
    rjhammond91 Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon guys!

Sorry I've been a bit awol again!

Food for today is -

L - sw tomato and basil soup with 2 pieces of wholemeal bread (heB)
    D - either spaghetti bolognese or sw chicken tikka masala (Iceland meal) and rice
    Snacks - apple, Aldis version of chocolate animals (5), muller light, 2 lighter cheese triangles (half of HeA, other half as milk in tea) and some other form of chocolate/sweets :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Moneysaverme~~ I dont think Mr M's will take back your magazine.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure