Highview Parking Urban Exchange Advice

Hello,

I've come here to seek advice on an ongoing parking fine issue I have with Highview Parking, particularly at Urban Exchange.

I have read the Newbies thread which has proved to be incredibly helpful and also found a few other threads regarding the same retail car park.

However, I feel I have a couple other issues that I need some clarification on...

1) I got my first PCN a long time ago from this location but upon Googling it, I read that you just ignore it and continue to ignore it and the charge will be written off and that's what I've done since even though I've received a few more PCN's since. The debt recovery now says I owe over £500 to them.

2) The letters went straight to my parents who actually own my car even though I'm the sole driver. They have since thrown a few of the PCN's away but I still have two and all my debt recovery letters. Does this change anything?

3) The retail park has recently changed it's parking rules, I'd like to know if this affects anything. You get an hour free, over an hour requires you to purchase from one of the retailers at the retail park and type in the code at the machine (which didn't work one time and the other time the receipt wasn't printed clearly so there was no full code to type in) and over 2 hours requires you to go into the gym to register your car.

Please let me know if this affects anything or if I should just continue to take the steps outlined in the Newbie post.

Many Thanks!

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) poor advice if the incident (s) happened after oct 2012 in england or wales

always appeal, like the NEWBIES thread tells you

IGNORE the debt collectors , forever, like the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you

HIGHVIEW have 6 years to try a court case using MCOL

2) no IT DOESNT CHANGE A THING , you are in IGNORE MODE AND NOTHING CHANGES THAT MODE APART FROM AN LBC OR AN MCOL

3) no changes are retrospective, so its the rules in force at the time of any incident that matter, as does the signage etc

so the rules and signage and contracts etc apply at the time of the incident (s)

any future changes do not change the past , so both you and highview can only go off events at the time , because any "contract" is bound by those paramteres on the day the vehicle was there

the NEWBIES thread is up to date, so just follow it

ie:- if the debt collectors are involved, you are in IGNORE mode

come back for more help if you receive an LBC or an MCOL , within the 6 years timeframe allowed by MCOL
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that will change anything is a Letter Before Claim from Solicitors or Highview (not the debt collectors) or real court papers. HV are not litigious - see link - but multiple outstanding tickets, if at some stage they become litigious, are likely the ones they will first go for.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Highview_Parking.html

Just how many outstanding tickets do you have? How have you managed to rack up multiple?

Whatever the new rules of the car park are, you now follow those rules, or risk more tickets. We don't condone flouting of landowners wishes.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is the registered keeper of the car, you or one of your parents? If it's a parent, then surely all the correspondence will have been going to them, not you.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky it is only daft old Highview but with one email these can be cancelled the same day - once here recently, cancelled in two hours flat - if the keeper had appealed and pointed out they can't be held liable.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • N888994N888994 Forumite
    19 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    Hi All,

Apologies for the delay, I never got an email to notify me of replies!

@Redx
    As I've been contacted boy the debt collectors, you're saying I should continue to ignore (unless I get an LBC or MCOL) but follow the Newbie thread which is to appeal? If so, as my parents have thrown away PCN's, I won't have PCN numbers to include in the template letter.

@Umkomaas
    Unfortunately, I have 4 PCN's and the reason why was because of the bad advice I was given to continue ignoring the parking regulations.

@The Slithy Tove
    My parents are the registered keeper so they have been receiving correspondence but I am the driver.

@Coupon-mad
    Thanks for the info, will definitely keep that in mind!

In addition to your responses, I'd like to know how to submit the template when I only have two of my four PCN's? Ideally, I would like to refer to all PCN's and have them all cancelled.
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to your responses, I'd like to know how to submit the template when I only have two of my four PCN's? Ideally, I would like to refer to all PCN's and have them all cancelled.
    You'll only be able to challenge tickets via appeal if they are fairly recent. And you would need to challenge each one as a separate entity. Give us the dates of each parking 'contravention' and we can tell you if any are still within an appeal window.

Ticket 1
    Ticket 2. ....... etc.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    19 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    My only concern is that I only have two PCNs as the rest was discarded by my parents. Is there anyway of finding out the other two? Or do you think I should action the two I have and wait for Highview/DRP to contact me regarding the other two?
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us approximate dates, like:

Ticket 1 - June 2016 .........

Then we can give you more specific advice about any appeal options you may still have open to you, or what action you should take with any outside the appeal windows.
    19 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    One of them was from April 2015 and the most recent one is Jan 2017
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries, ignore them then, too late to appeal. It is only Highview!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides