ParkingEye Fine Morrisons

Hi,

First post and first time I've received a parking fine so a little inexperienced here.

I was parked in a Morrisons garage in Peckham and received a Parking Charge Notice. The PCN was issued on 26th of April. The charge amount is £100, or £60 if paid within 14 days.

The time in car park it says here is 2 hours and 43 minutes (and the maximum stay was 2 hours). However, as it was a Friday and at peak times, it took me a very long while of just driving around the car park to find a parking space so I think that I may have even actually stayed parked for less than two hours. The pictures they took of my car were only as I entered and exited the car park.

I have not yet appealed or taken any action. Was wondering if I have a strong case to appeal? And what would I say if I can appeal?

Thanks and appreciate any help.

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read this

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/waiting-for-space-is-not-parking.html

IMO you have a good case if it gets to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean a Morrisons Garage? Is that an error, was this a retail site?

ParkingEye?

If so, just search this board for 'Morrisons email cancel' and you will find how to get this cancelled within a week. Discussed on EVERY Morrisons thread for something like two years on this parking board. Use the *donotreply* email and complain to M's.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstly, use the morrisons email address to complain as KEEPER and get it cancelled

do not reveal who was driving

if you have not had it cancelled by day 24 after this pcn you received in the post , use the BLUE TEXT template in the newbies sticky thread (the one you have not read seeing as you are asking what to write) , adding a line that the keeper was a patron of the store and a complaint has been made to morrissons head office

head office should cancel it if you use that email and enclose proof of patronage of their stores, like copies of receipts or redacted copies of bank statements)

this same advice has been given in hundreds of other threads on here, please read them and follow that advice
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • sabtokinsabtokin Forumite
    19 Posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    What do you mean a Morrisons Garage? Is that an error, was this a retail site?

ParkingEye?

If so, just search this board for 'Morrisons email cancel' and you will find how to get this cancelled within a week. Discussed on EVERY Morrisons thread for something like two years on this parking board. Use the *donotreply* email and complain to M's.

The garage was just outside morrisons and it was a customer car park for the morrisons. I've searched for the morrisons email cancel, but I'm not sure what exactly to write in the email? Is there a template I can use? Who would I be addressing in the "donotreply" email?

Also, if morrisons do sort it out and cancel the fine, do i still need to get into contact with ParkingEye at any point?
    19 Posts
    Redx wrote: »
    firstly, use the morrisons email address to complain as KEEPER and get it cancelled

do not reveal who was driving

if you have not had it cancelled by day 24 after this pcn you received in the post , use the BLUE TEXT template in the newbies sticky thread (the one you have not read seeing as you are asking what to write) , adding a line that the keeper was a patron of the store and a complaint has been made to morrissons head office

head office should cancel it if you use that email and enclose proof of patronage of their stores, like copies of receipts or redacted copies of bank statements)

this same advice has been given in hundreds of other threads on here, please read them and follow that advice

Is there any sort of template I can use in the email to the "[email protected]"? is this all I need to do or would I still have to appeal to ParkingEye too?

I don't have any proof on me that I did shopping at morrisons that day but we regularly shop at morrisons.
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much as I enjoy supermarket shopping how do you spend more than 2 hours doing it ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    19 Posts
    Should I put my PCN reference number and other details into the email I'm sending to [email protected] ?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sabtokin wrote: »
    Should I put my PCN reference number and other details into the email I'm sending to [email protected] ?

Of course, so that when they contact PE on your behalf, PE know who they are dealing with, otherwise how do they know which ticket to cancel?

No need to 'address' the donotreply email. Start it off 'Dear Chief Executive' or 'Dear Managing Director', or just a basic 'Dear Sir'.

No template - always phrase a comaint in your own words. They are much more likely to deal with a personal complaint, because if there was such a template they, by now, would have seen hundreds from this forum - they wouldn't be still cancelling tickets now, that's for sure.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a sticky thread in the crabman sticky thread about successful complaints, use anything in there but as I said DO NOT REVEAL THE DRIVERS DETAILS

and yes, DO add the PE reference number, otherwise Morrissons wont have a clue which one it is and neither will PE

I already told you what to do and when if Morrissons do not cancel

please read replies more carefully
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    19 Posts
    Redx wrote: »
    there is a sticky thread in the crabman sticky thread about successful complaints, use anything in there but as I said DO NOT REVEAL THE DRIVERS DETAILS

and yes, DO add the PE reference number, otherwise Morrissons wont have a clue which one it is and neither will PE

I already told you what to do and when if Morrissons do not cancel

please read replies more carefully

Thank you. I meant what would I do if they do cancel? Would I notify PE they cancelled or would Morrisons do it on my behalf (but I think I know the answer to that question now).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides