🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DFW Sunday Confessional 30th Sept

Options

Comments

• sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    not seen it before but it is a good idea. I am much better repenting than i am trying to stick to a budget:rotfl:
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • always_amazed
    Options
    hee hee; think the same might be said of me:)
    LBM : August 2007
    my debts: less than this time last year....!
    DFW Nerd Club #706I'm Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Fantastic idea! I too have a confession to make:

I saw an ad in the paper for Mighty Boosh series 1 & 2 for *only* £15 in Virgin - a bargain AND it was payday so I thought I'd allow myself this One Little Treat. But while I was in there, instead of putting on my blinkers, I had a look around and ended up also buying Volver for £8 and Pan's Labyrinth for £6 - I justified this by thinking foreign language DVDs are always more expensive than English ones so it was a real bargain, and if they're foreign films then it's ok - I did a four year language degree and watching films is the only practice I get nowadays redface.gif The worst part is, when I got home I looked up the same films on play.com and they're the same price including P&P, and I could have gone through Quidco and got cashback!!!:doh:
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Pan's is a fab film - you're definitely forgiven for that :D
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • redsquirrel80
    Options
    I've actually spent less than I was expecting to this weekend, but I did end up agreeing to a trip next weekend which means I'll be spending more then :confused:

I've also had two canteen lunches at work last week and got the bus every day - it'll be all homemade lunches and some walking this week, honest!

Oh, and I did keep track of my daily spends in my signature, but I can't remember what I spent it all on - oops!
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ive been good but only because I 'lost' my purse.
    And im in a pants mood.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgive me for I have sinned.

I was really naughty last week. Fed up of taking my own crappy lunches to work, I went to the sandwich shop every day and spent a total of £25.00 on lunch alone.

Me bad. x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • Avogirly
    Options
    I spent £18 on dinner for me and two mates last night, and I bought two beers for them too. However, they have really helped me out and covered me so I could do another job for £150, so I think that's ok. I have been really tempted by looking in the next catalogue lately, but haven't bought anything yet. I'm thinking I might wait until I reach a milestone, and then treat myself with something.
    October make £10/day currently £11.02
  • shell_girl
    Options
    :o I took £20 out of my bank account last night and spent it on beer and taxis.:o

Bad- because I'm going on a very DFW style holiday in October and it should have been spends for that. Great idea for a thread- can somebody please come along and absolve me please??!!
    Don't suffer alone - if you are experiencing Domestic Abuse contact the National Domestic Abuse Helplines
    England 0808 2000 247 Wales 0808 80 10 800 Scotland 0800 027 1234 Northern Ireland 0800 917 1414 Republic of Ireland 1800 341 900. Free and totally confidential.
  • chloebelle
    Options
    Great idea, :rotfl: , hope we do this every sunday!

I confess that I went for a meal on friday, spending £18, a mere 8 hours after being paid.

And on thursday, after vowing to have a NSD, I walked to our local garage and bought a magazine and big bag of crisps :naughty::naughty::naughty:

And even worse, my new phone contracts starts tomorrow, I had £3 left on my PAYG phone and was determined to make this last the weekend, meaning I would never again have to top up my mobile. Sadly I failed by 1am friday night and put £10 on phone yesterday

[IMG]http://smileys.!!!!!!/cat/4/4_14_6.gif[/IMG]

Feels good to have those sins confessed, heres to a better week!
    [IMG]http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk788YYGB[/IMG]
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills