Bought phone off 3,no receipt

edited 28 April 2017 at 8:22PM in Mobiles
11 replies 2.3K views
Daz2009Daz2009 Forumite
1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 28 April 2017 at 8:22PM in Mobiles
I ordered a phone off the 3 website for me to collect from my local store today which I duly did.
I ordered it on 22/04.I didn't receive any kind of confirmation for my order so I phoned customer services and was told they don't send confirmation emails for orders,just a text/email when the order is ready for collection.
There is no receipt with the phone,just a delivery note that doesn't have my name on nor even the price of the phone.
Also,the order number on the delivery note is different from the one on the collection email.
The only record I have is my credit card payment to 3 but that doesn't say what the payment is for.

The odd thing is the email to tell me the order was ready said to bring my confirmation email.

I'm just concerned that if I need to make a warranty claim I don't have a receipt to show them.Am I worrying unduly ?
«1

Replies

  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you asked 3 where your receipt is?
    ====
  • Daz2009Daz2009 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet,to be honest I had trouble understanding the guy on the phone,he had a very strong accent.
    It does say on the delivery note keep this safe as it will be required should you need to exchange or return.
    Thing is,if they don't bother with confirming orders ...never ever known this to happen with any other purchase ever....why bother giving receipts lol.
    I just wondered if any others had had similar experiences buying off 3 online
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Not yet,to be honest I had trouble understanding the guy on the phone,he had a very strong accent.
    It does say on the delivery note keep this safe as it will be required should you need to exchange or return.
    Thing is,if they don't bother with confirming orders ...never ever known this to happen with any other purchase ever....why bother giving receipts lol.
    I just wondered if any others had had similar experiences buying off 3 online

    Email or use live chat to get around the accent barrier.
    ====
  • Daz2009Daz2009 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Email or use live chat to get around the accent barrier.

    I don't see the option for either on their website.Can you point me in the right direction ?
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    I don't see the option for either on their website.Can you point me in the right direction ?

    Three.co.uk -> Support -> Contact Us -> Something Else

    Top option that appears is "Live Chat"

    Plenty of email addresses for Three on the internet if chat can't help.

    If your googling isn't that good...

    David.Dyson or Executive.office at threecouk is a last resort.


    I would also call sales enquiries if this was my my problem, showing on the same support page.
    Sales enquiries.

    0800 033 8001
    Lines open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.
    ====
  • Daz2009Daz2009 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Three.co.uk -> Support -> Contact Us -> Something Else

    Top option that appears is "Live Chat"

    Plenty of email addresses for Three on the internet if chat can't help.

    If your googling isn't that good...

    David.Dyson or Executive.office at threecouk is a last resort.


    I would also call sales enquiries if this was my my problem, showing on the same support page.


    Well,tried phoning again but got stuck in a queue,didn't fancy waiting so tried chat but that doesn't work in my usual browser Opera.... but it does in Chrome......I've asked for a receipt to be emailed to me,within 48 hours they said so that's fine.

    Cheers mate
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problem, glad you're sorted (hopefully).

    Though I'm surprised by the promised 48 hour timeframe, 48 hours is a Sunday and a Bank Holiday...
    ====
  • Daz2009Daz2009 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think India have the same holidays as us;)
  • ryan121ryan121 Forumite
    208 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    This is normal, you don't get a receipt. As this phone is on contract the delivery note is enough if you ever have to make an insurance claim or use your warranty.

    It's likely you wouldn't need it anyway. When I needed my phone repaired via warranty, they didn't need to see any receipt. It's most likely they would just need to know the IMEI number to check it's still within warranty.

    I'm with three myself.
  • flashg67flashg67 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryan121 wrote: »
    This is normal, you don't get a receipt. As this phone is on contract the delivery note is enough if you ever have to make an insurance claim or use your warranty.

    It's likely you wouldn't need it anyway. When I needed my phone repaired via warranty, they didn't need to see any receipt. It's most likely they would just need to know the IMEI number to check it's still within warranty.

    I'm with three myself.

    My insurance co asked for a receipt/invoice/dispatch note showing the IMEI so would be wise to chase the receipt
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals