Waterless car washes

Options
2»

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that. No car wash water must enter the drains or flow on the land, so that would not be an option either. It's Spain, by the way, not just where I live, but all over the country ! Son in law has the same issue in Alberta, Canada.
    Most of the garages in Spain have car washes and recycle the water they use, but again, it's still an issue regarding the quality of the wash and the operative. I'd rather wash the car myself !

I used to frequent a car forum where one of the members was based in Spain. He used the waterless spay and reckoned it gave excellent results.

On his recommendation, I bought some but have never been brave enough to use it on its own. I sometimes use it to get rid of streaks after normal washing. I don't like the smell of it though.
  • jellie
    jellie Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've used Showroom Shine on a few different cars. Got good results even on the alloy wheels, no streaks or scratches. Works best if you clean and buff one panel at a time.
  • Turn_to_Grey
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, appreciated. The police are variable in the enforcement of this, depending on where you live, so a bit hit and miss but don't want to be blatant about it.
    I think when I jet wash the patio, ( said it was dusty here ) if the car is in the way, it may get splashed ( a lot...) then try one of these sprays.
    @ Strider. Pay bribes ? This is moneysaving ! :-)
    Started my job at the bottom and liked it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport