Waterless car washes

Options
Where I live, it's illegal to wash you car in the traditional way on the drive / street. So I've been looking at these waterless car wash liquids.
As we live in a very dry dusty environment here, I'm just wondering if anyone can offer any advice about their experiences with these products.
My car bodywork is not in the best of condition, but it still concerns me that this will not wash away the dirt and dust and potentialy cause more damage.

TIA
Started my job at the bottom and liked it

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you use any water at all, ie in a bucket, because if you can I'd advise using a product called Optimum No Rinse (ONR). You dilute the product in a bucket of water and carefully wash & wipe, then buff off. As the name suggests there's no rinsing involved.

Where abouts are you from?
  • Turn_to_Grey
    Options
    Thanks for that. No car wash water must enter the drains or flow on the land, so that would not be an option either. It's Spain, by the way, not just where I live, but all over the country ! Son in law has the same issue in Alberta, Canada.
    Most of the garages in Spain have car washes and recycle the water they use, but again, it's still an issue regarding the quality of the wash and the operative. I'd rather wash the car myself !
    Started my job at the bottom and liked it
  • kmb500
    kmb500 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Options
    it's illegal to wash your car on your drive? what? where on earth do you live lmao
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kmb500 wrote: »
    it's illegal to wash your car on your drive? what? where on earth do you live lmao

Pretty sure that has been answered, might be worth reading the entire thread before posting ;)
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    I've used to these with ok results however i don't think i would in a particularly dusty area. Its a bit of a faff but could you use a garage jet wash to get rid of the dust then use a waterless wash and wax at home to get your shine on?
  • davidwood123
    Options
    Thanks for that. No car wash water must enter the drains or flow on the land, so that would not be an option either. It's Spain, by the way, not just where I live, but all over the country ! Son in law has the same issue in Alberta, Canada.
    Most of the garages in Spain have car washes and recycle the water they use, but again, it's still an issue regarding the quality of the wash and the operative. I'd rather wash the car myself !

Explains the state of the vehicles in Spain :rotfl:
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options

So pay the bribe to the right person and get on with it. That's how Spain works.........
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have a similar issue here in that we are not allowed to wash cars as we share a communal car park.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2017 at 8:26PM
    Options
    The beauty of ONR is that you're not rinsing anything off save for the small residue of the product you're using. Can the fact that you wont be pouring your waste water away get around the rules?
  • rich13348
    rich13348 Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2017 at 11:14PM
    Options
    What if you use the no rinse onr stuff mentioned but put those water absorbing snakes around your car to absorb and run off then throw them in your bin? Could get expensive unless you just was your car every couple of months.

Something like this https://www.snowplough.uk.com/self-inflating-sand-bags/9330-hydrosnake-pack-of-1-pack-2-snakes.html?gmc_currency=2&gclid=Cj0KEQjwrYbIBRCgnY-OluOk89EBEiQAZER58vAzbzKkj7jpa1I9DxcRH9gP876yXuA-WxjCkCA6zaEaAk4F8P8HAQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure