Advice on upgrading current Sim only 30-day plan (Credit checks and Employment)

Options
DzF
DzF Posts: 17 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi,

Just looking for a bit advice please. I'm currently with Plusnet Mobile for my 30-day rolling Sim (was previously a Life Mobile customer until the takeover). I noticed that MSE have managed to get an exclusive offer for new and existing customers for Plusnet Mobile (£10/mth for 1500 mins/Unltd Txts/5GB data), which I'd like to take advantage of.

It appears Plusnet do credit checks even for 30-day rolling Sim contracts (not if you're a Plusnet Broadband customer though, but that doesn't apply to me). If I am already a Pluset Mobile customer with a current 30-day rolling Sim, would they perform a Credit Check? I will obviously be increasing my monthly payment (from £6 to £10), so I didn't know if they would perform a check or not. I'm only wondering as I'm currently out of work and didn't know if they require a source of employment (even for such a low monthly amount) as part of the checking process. I do actually monitor my Credit Score with MSE's Credit Club and it is Excellent, I just didn't know if Mobile providers need proof of income as part of checks nowadays, even for 30-day rolling Sims. If I wasn't able to provide that, I didn't exactly want a credit check to fail. I'm probably being a bit paranoid but I thought I'd run it past people on here and see what your opinions are.

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No network asks for proof of income.

You are being paranoid...
    ====
  • DzF
    DzF Posts: 17 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought that may have been the case! ;)

I'll get in touch with them soon and upgrade.

Thanks for that Dave.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are simply changing tariff - the credit check is for new connections.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure