We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ways To Improve Income?

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What about a weekend job?
    A Saturday job?
    Or even offering babysitting if people bring their kids to you for a few hours while you already have your own. Maybe other people who want to work in the evenings but can't as they have a child that is of a suitable age to place with you for a few hours?
  • chloebelle
    Options
    daily clicks are ways of making money on sites like quidco and topcashback. It simply requires clicking on links to other sites, with the cashback sites paying you between 1p-10pish. Sounds like nothing but it really adds up over time.

Use the search forum function to do a search for 'daily clicks'. There are some really helpful informative threads that will tell you everything you need to know
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    The benefits system is set up for whoever has the kids,
    Yes it is.

Your name implies you are in Northern Ireland ... and I've no idea how the benefits work there (assuming it's different).

If you were in the UK and if you were living in a self-contained place of your own, then you'd be able to get a few quid (not much) just for living on under about £13-14k. It's all very blurry how much/how... but Working Tax Credit. But, as I say, you have to be living in your own place alone, so solely responsible for all outgoings.
  • moriarty888
    Options
    Sign up for yougov.com as well. You get paid to take surveys. 50p or 75p and monthly prize draws. They pay you once you reach the £50 mark.

www.yougov.com

Good luck, and it's ok to feel miserable sometimes. Maybe try and get out for the day, bit of fresh air and exercise can make the world feel a bit better, and it's free!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chloebelle wrote: »
    daily clicks are ways of making money on sites like quidco and topcashback. It simply requires clicking on links to other sites, with the cashback sites paying you between 1p-10pish. Sounds like nothing but it really adds up over time.

Use the search forum function to do a search for 'daily clicks'. There are some really helpful informative threads that will tell you everything you need to know
    Thanks for that
  • always_amazed
    Options
    hey,
    I *think* there is a sticky at the top of this board called 'maximising income' which seems to have a pretty thorough list of most tips and tricks! And if you search the boards for things like 'daily clicks' or 'mystery shopping' you'll probably find loads of hidden away threads which are super useful.
    A few things take a while to get started up; so in the meantime if you post your SOA then some of the regulars would take a look and make suggestions on how to cut back your spending.
    And I think there is a benefits checker on the main site somewhere (sorry if I'm wrong about that!).
    Hope you manage to find what you need!!
    xxxx
    LBM : August 2007
    my debts: less than this time last year....!
    DFW Nerd Club #706I'm Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • tifnstav
    Options
    daily clicks refers to quidco - have a search through the threads. it takes a while for the money to start coming through but i'm due to get £60 over the next few months.
  • chloebelle
    Options
    I forgot to mention survey sites, some of them are good. Again go through the threads to get some tips on the best ones.

I am using surveys to try and get boots vouchers, hoping that lots of surveys can ultimately pay the majority of my toiletries bill. Have claimed a £5 one from zoom points who I think are quite good.

Also join pigsback as the points system is very good - 100 points = £1. Some sites require thousands of points to be worth anything!! I am trying to get 1000 points to send off for a £10 boots voucher. On pigsback a film review or money saving tip can earn you 100 points, so 1000 is not a tall order. Check this recommended site out, there are loads of other voucher options.
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I use the free survey sites here: http://www.real-work-at-home.co.uk/BestPaidSurveysUK/FreePaidSurveys/tabid/75/Default.aspx

I find YouGov my top earning one. I'd estimate 3-4 months before they start paying out though, due to minimums, but keep it up and you'll soon find one of the companies is paying you something each month, which is when it starts to feel good.

But don't do these instead of looking for better ways. Do these in times when you couldn't be working elsewhere doing something with a higher return.

I got a YouGov cheque for £50 just last week. Handy!
  • redballoon_2
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=378166

read this thread. its not for everyone but money can be earnt at home
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate