Ways To Improve Income?

Options
I am getting it really tight here and really need to improve my income because sadly I would be better off probably on benefits. I'm on min wage, will not get a payrise, my employer has also stopped the annual payrise which covers inflation, I have checked the local jobcentre www.jobcentreonline.com and sadly 99% of the jobs are also paying min wage so its pointless really moving jobs, Anyone any ideas?? I can't take on another job as I look after my child in the evenings while my ex works, its an arrangement that suits everyone.

Anyone any tips? Sadly I have already had the big ebay clearout

Comments

• chloebelle
    Options
    There are loads of ways to make extra income:
    • daily clicks
    • ebay (I know you said you've already had a clearout but look again, if you really want to clear the debt then you must have some shoes/clothes/dvd's etc that would be worth selling)
    • Amazon (as above)
    • Mystery shopping - you say you can't get another job but this is something you could fit inaround existing commitments.
    best advice I can give you is to read these boards, there are so many tips and ideas about extra income, you will get lots of inspiration
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    try looking into matched betting you'll find all the info on the gambling and introductory offers board ...it may not be for you and you have to be careful about it all but it is a way of making good money ...and you can make it from home
  • elantan
    Options
    also it might help to put your soa up we can have a look at it and see of we can find anyways for you to save money which whilst not effectively making any it will mean youll have more to go round
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    chloebelle wrote: »
    There are loads of ways to make extra income:
    • daily clicks
    • ebay (I know you said you've already had a clearout but look again, if you really want to clear the debt then you must have some shoes/clothes/dvd's etc that would be worth selling)
    • Amazon (as above)
    • Mystery shopping - you say you can't get another job but this is something you could fit inaround existing commitments.
    best advice I can give you is to read these boards, there are so many tips and ideas about extra income, you will get lots of inspiration
    Whats daily clicks can I ask?
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    I find Ebay is one of the best ways for me to increase my income as I can fit it round work and my daughter.

Like someone else has said have a look around and see if anymore you can sell.

Might be worth asking friends and family if they have anything and you can list for them and split cash??
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • System
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    also it might help to put your soa up we can have a look at it and see of we can find anyways for you to save money which whilst not effectively making any it will mean youll have more to go round
    Income £170 a Wk

Outgoings Wkly

Rent £70
    Telephone £10
    Food £25
    Heating £10
    Child Payments £30
    Payplan £25
  • elantan
    Options
    that is literally down to the bone ...food is really the only thing you can alter there (that i can see) have you had a look at the os board they are great at cheap and healthy meal ideas... also could your ex partner accept even a £5 a week reduction for a short while to get you back on your feet? the phone bill is it a mobile? can you not use it as much (possibly save £1 or £2 a week or are you tied to a contract? i dont understand dmps or iva's so i cant recommend anything about payplan...

have you checked to see if your entitled to any government help? tax credits etc?
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I don't know your circumstances but have you checked if you are entitled to any benefits of any sort?
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • System
    Options
    doodledo wrote: »
    Sorry I don't know your circumstances but have you checked if you are entitled to any benefits of any sort?
    The Ex gets all that, shes making a nice tidy sum for someone who doesn't work, I can't get working tax as I earn to much (Even though I'm on min wage) The benefits system is set up for whoever has the kids,
  • Spendaholic_Chick
    Options
    You haven't listed gas/electric/council tax......are they included in your rent by any chance?

I just want to say, a lot of blokes in your position would use it as an excuse not to pay child maintenance - good on you for keeping up with it ( and that's meant genuinely, not meant patronisingly) :T
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills