Visited by "MoneyExpert Ltd" Door to Door regarding energy

Options
124»

Comments

• FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Money expert runs a energy price comparison services door to door through affiliate simple switch how ever most of the energy suppliers refuse to work this way there for they only show you 6 energy supplier who would pay them a commission.
    The claims they represent 54 companies and people being over charged are just CATCH statements to catch attention of they are false statements. Unfortunately people rather listen to lies then simple truth these days. I blame the money expert owners they teach these lies and tricks with in they office. The reps work on self employed basis promised with management promotions are young and naive. Made to work like slaves to chase the dream of management. They manger would be rich and drive a flash car and tell his troops this is how he made it every morning. But the good is that reps can still help save money to people on standard tariffs who normally wouldnt look about. As well as employment and skills for young people. So if you didn!!!8217;t buy any thing of them don!!!8217;t come on here and paint all the reps with the same brush and moan and complain. Better then having all these young people at the dole office

A brand new MSE user suggesting others make false statements?:cool:

The energy companies that pay commissions to SimplySwitch are:
    Boost
    British Gas (British Gas Trading Limited)
    Daligas
    E.ON (E.ON Energy Solutions Limited)
    Economy Energy
    EDF Energy (EDF Energy Customers Ltd)
    extraenergy (Extra Energy Supply Limited)
    First Utility (First Utility Limited)
    Flow Energy (Flow Energy Limited)
    Green Energy UK
    Green Star Energy
    npower (Npower Gas Limited)
    Orbit Energy
    Ovo Energy (OVO Energy Limited)
    PFP Energy
    Robin Hood Energy
    Sainsbury's Energy (British Gas Trading Ltd)
    ScottishPower (ScottishPower Energy Retail Limited)
    Spark Energy (Spark Energy Supply Limited)
    Utilita Energy Ltd

I make that a a few more than six.

If you compare using their website yourself, you have the option of seeing all the suppliers (at least as many as Martin Lewis require to be classified as 'all')

It's not uncommon for comparison sites to only offer suppliers from those that they can switch you to if you speak to a person; e.g. EHL only does this too if you call them.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2018 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Money expert runs a energy price comparison services door to door through affiliate simple switch how ever most of the energy suppliers refuse to work this way there for they only show you 6 energy supplier who would pay them a commission.
    The claims they represent 54 companies and people being over charged are just CATCH statements to catch attention of they are false statements. Unfortunately people rather listen to lies then simple truth these days. I blame the money expert owners they teach these lies and tricks with in they office. The reps work on self employed basis promised with management promotions are young and naive. Made to work like slaves to chase the dream of management. They manger would be rich and drive a flash car and tell his troops this is how he made it every morning. But the good is that reps can still help save money to people on standard tariffs who normally wouldnt look about. As well as employment and skills for young people. So if you didn!!!8217;t buy any thing of them don!!!8217;t come on here and paint all the reps with the same brush and moan and complain. Better then having all these young people at the dole office

I have only two experiences of such tactics, or rather my parents did.

In the first, someone in a shopping centre entrance was promoting a certain company. Giving them details so the company could write with a quote was falsely turned into an actual request to switch. This was cancelled as soon as they realised the deception.

Years later, someone came to the door, and my mother let him in the house. His claim was that as this was the local company actually delivering the electricity, it was bound to be cheaper to by from them direct.

I was present at the time, and sat in the other room doing some comparison searches. I knew that every previous time I'd done this, there was almost nothing within £200 of the long term (5 or 6 years) switch my parents had fortuitously signed up for.

It was the same sort of picture, one firm only £96 more, and the tariff being pushed at my mother nearly £200 more.

I joined the discussion, told him there was nothing as cheap as the house was currently paying, asked why he hadn't checked with my mother what the current tariff was (as others had occasionally, and said they couldn't match it).

He left, quite bitterly, with the almost completely filled in transfer form, which he refused to destroy, and said seeing as we had let him spend that much time here he could do the transfer anyway and would refer this to his boss.

We phoned the existing supplier, explained what had happened, and asked them to block any attempted transfer.

We also phoned the proposed new supplier, suggested they needed a radical improvement of ethics in their third party contracted agent, and said if the salesman forged a signature to effect a transfer we would go to the police.

A few months later many suppliers stopped doing door to door sales. I wasn't surprised.

Better than having these young people at the dole office, you say. I say they should be taught better methods than misrepresentation and even fraud, before they are allowed out to damage reputable companies who mistakenly use them.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the firm identified here is doing this, but such experience goes towards the reasons I'm not interested in listening to any, and will check myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure