We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Notice to Keeper never received

Hi everyone,
Firstly I would like to think the immense amount of help and resources provided; I have received quite a few tickets this year and have beaten every single one of them either at the appeal stage to the PPC, or at the POPLA stage. However I now have a small issue.

I now have a ticket that has gone straight through to the debt collectors, and I have never even received a notice to keeper for this ticket. Unfortunately I can't even remember if I had seen the stick-on-ticket for this charge as I had quite a few this year. But I have DEFINITELY not had any sort of NTK, and I have a huge folder full of NTKs for other tickets.

Now since I hadn't had an NTK, I didn't realise I had a ticket, and didn't go through the necessary appeal hurdles. But I still think I should have still had a chance to appeal.

What do you recommend that I do?

Thanks,

FutureTrunks

Comments

  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Need more info:

    Have you moved house?
    Who PPC is this?
    Which DCA?
    Have you contacted the PPC?
  • Hi, thanks for the reply!

    No I haven't moved house since receiving the ticket, the PPC is UKPC, I'm not sure what you mean by DCA, and no I haven't contacted them yet, I wanted to be sure of what I should do first.
  • DCA = debt collection agency
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,821 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi everyone,
    Firstly I would like to think the immense amount of help and resources provided; I have received quite a few tickets this year and have beaten every single one of them either at the appeal stage to the PPC, or at the POPLA stage. However I now have a small issue.

    I now have a ticket that has gone straight through to the debt collectors, and I have never even received a notice to keeper for this ticket. Unfortunately I can't even remember if I had seen the stick-on-ticket for this charge as I had quite a few this year. But I have DEFINITELY not had any sort of NTK, and I have a huge folder full of NTKs for other tickets.

    Now since I hadn't had an NTK, I didn't realise I had a ticket, and didn't go through the necessary appeal hurdles. But I still think I should have still had a chance to appeal.

    Read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread and if UKPC start a claim, read post #2 of that sticky.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • My apologies, the DCA is Zenith Collections
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,821 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Zenith is Debt Recovery Plus, as covered in post #4 of the NEWBIEs thread and here:

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3829727

    ...a source of amusement and boredom here for a decade.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for all the help!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.